WHO CAN SPOT THE FISH?

Started by Cor, February 19, 2017, 09:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cor

Just for some fun.   This is a photo of a place where I regularly go fishing with a shoal of fish in the picture.   It is taken from about 120 yards above the ocean with my phone.   With the naked eye and some Polaroid specks these are much more visible, the phone does not like the light contrast.
Cornelis

David Hall

There's fish everywhere, a nice shoal in the middle a few fish off to the right and a huge shall on the left in close to the shore.

Cor

It's a funny thing this stuff, I immediately see the shoal by simply glancing at the picture.   Not really because I know its there, it's just having sat around those places for days and years spotting and fishing shoals of Yellowtail,  that your eyes become accustomed to what to look for.
I've marked the shoal, I can't clearly see the individual fish, its more a smudge, but from experience can "see" it's a narrow >-- shaped shoal, moving from your left towards the right, with 2 or 3 fish behind one another in the front and angled slightly towards the shore. The front fish is breaking water a bit.  At the rear it is probably 10 or 15 fish wide but fades there telling me that the rear is probably deeper then the front and the shoal was rising up.   It's probably 20 meters long and maybe 100-150 Yellowtail.

Blowing up the picture does not really help to see it......

I will sometime see if I can compile some video material showing some fish like that.
Cornelis

Dominick

Yeah, yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.   :D ;D :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Cor

Perhaps easier to see for some, same place ;D
Cornelis

Dominick

Okay you made a believer out of me.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oc1

I saw them at first and then realized it was a smudge on the computer screen.
-steve

SoCalAngler

The only fish I see is in the gulls mouth. Look at about the 1 o'clock of the pic over the water. See it? That white spot is a gull that picked up a bait that the fish were pushing to the shoal. It's clear as day to me...lol

My super fish hunting skills only allow me to things others cant. Well in my mind anyway....lol

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Cor

If you still can't see the fish, I suggest you start here http://www.aoa.org/?sso=y    ;D
Cornelis

Cor

Here is something else, a very large shoal of Yellowtail, probably 20 fish wide with no end in sight.
Look carefully, you can see individual fish, and also some fish "flashing" as they swim on their side.
4 of my friends are fishing them below, I was on my way home and filmed with my phone, so you can't expect much in quality. With my polaroids and in the sun I can't see the screen and you need a polaroid filter for the camera.   I will remove this shortly.

Cornelis