113h/114h senator - short version

Started by alantani, January 25, 2009, 01:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

not that i know of.  i spoke to tom, the guy that made the 9/0 frame, about making just the reel seat.  it did not sound feasible. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

otghoyt

I found an old e-buy link..... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penn-Senator-114H-base-spool-bars-screws-and-clamp-Newell-/121153752768?nma=true&si=0fGmSw92BhUkku7w9EDAPEYR3f8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It's pretty vague as far as the description goes.  The ad is so old the main picture isn't there and you can't enlarge the little ones. Probably a Black Marlin set-up.  The only thing that looks familiar to me is the bars...exactly like my set-up and mine has a "Penn 114HL" label in the recess.  I flipped the front one over so the notch is up so that my sausage fingers can guide the line on the spool easier.  So if the cross bars are the same...hmmmmmm??????????

Seems like Penn just didn't know what they wanted to do with the 114H.  They changed it so much and so often it morphed into a different reel altogether.  So does anybody know if the 114HL full aluminum frame is an 8 hole frame?  Might as well get a Tib or learn to like what I got.

BMITCH

Hoyt, the one piece aluminum frames penn made were all 5 holes. I made the standard width one into an 8 hole mod with larger screws

The HLW is the same 5 holes.

Final build on the standard width with 8 holes/screws

Hope this helped!
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

otghoyt

No, Bob it was not helpful!!  The drool leaked out the corner of my mouth and got into my keyboard causing all kinds of havoc.  Damn!  IMHO, You are one sick puppy!  What is the name of your psychosis?

All kidding aside, that's a nice piece of work.  What I need to do is shut my yap and get back to to solving my own problem. Hopefully with as much creativity as you have shown with this fine piece of craftsmanship and ingenuity.  Damn!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

coralsea

Dear All,
That is what i have found inside of my recent used Penn 113 4/0 (Black)
I will use this kit to replace the drag washers:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380685006627?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_63wt_1124
Should i keep or not the items with the figures 1 and 2?
Thank you.
no pain-no gain

Ron Jones

There is a better drag system for this reel that is described in several threads here. It works out to 5 HT-100 washers and another that replaces your number one. Your 113 can be built into a mighty fish getter, but to start I'd upgrade the drags and put a power handle on it. Your number 2 may or not stay depending on the results with the upgraded drag.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Caranx

Quote from: noyb72 on February 05, 2014, 08:27:13 PM
I know that Newell made a Black Marlin Special (wide version of a 114,) but I haven't seen one for a regular 114. If he did and you find it please post pics, I'm nits about Newelled Penns and that would be something to see.
Ron

Newell's kit for the 114H is called "114HCK"  it only came ith the aluminum spool and reel set base.
It originally sold for $60.50
Base no. is RB-6
Speed clamp no. is SC-30
Use the existing support posts

coralsea

Thanks,
PENN REEL NEW COMPLETE 5HT-100 DRAG SYSTEM #007X113H/340/345
will that fit 113 4/0 ?
no pain-no gain

Shark Hunter

The 113H is different than your 4/0. That one won't work.
The 5 stack modification is available for this reel. Unfortunately, there is no kit for it.
These are the penn parts you need for the 5 stack.

7C-60 Washer, Drag, Metal Drag Washers (Set of 3) (113)

6  6-60  6-60 Washer, Drag Washer HT-100® (140L (uses 3))

1  7-60  7-60 Washer, Drag, Metal Earred Drag Washer ONLY (113)

1  86-60  86-60 Washer, Drag, Metal, Round Keyed Metal Drag Washer (113)

The reason for six drag washers is that 5 are used in the gear and one is used to replace your part #1.
Or you can simply replace the 3 stack with the kit above and re use your parts 1 and 2.
The parts highlighted in red are from an invoice from Mystic Reel Parts in New Jersey.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Life is Good!

coralsea

Dear Shark Hunter,
Thank you a lot for the info.
Mr.Alan Tani  has above mentioned items?
is it possible to order directly from him?
no pain-no gain

Bryan Young

Quote from: coralsea on February 07, 2014, 07:01:58 AM
Dear All,
That is what i have found inside of my recent used Penn 113 4/0 (Black)
I will use this kit to replace the drag washers:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380685006627?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_63wt_1124
Should i keep or not the items with the figures 1 and 2?
Thank you.

I will be making a kit for these with hardend SS metal washers and Carbontex Washers.  I have the metal washers, and unfornately but no Carbontex at the moment due to funds.  I need to sell more of the other kits so that I can buy more carbontex washer for the kit...its a vicious cycle.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Hey Bryan! ;D
Mr. Coral Sea lives in Russia. Scott's doesn't send to Russia. Do you ship International? Dawn?
Life is Good!

coralsea

Dear All,
Problem solved-)))
I ordered new kit.
no pain-no gain

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!