Asking for some Assistance

Started by mo65, February 22, 2017, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Yep...sounds familiar Sid...I use my spare spools for line storage too. Sometimes the junkiest old reel will have brand new line on it, almost like someone put some fresh line on and tried fishing, only to give up in a huff and sell the reel. Then I end up spooling line onto a shiny spool I really didn't want covered...but I'm too cheap to not save it! :D
   Thanks Lee, I will probably have my own aluminum spool to weigh soon, Rudy hooked me up with a great deal on a spool. I love the researching end of building a killer reel...to me it's as entertaining as actually using the reel! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

RowdyW

Mo, I save the plastic spools that line comes on & have a piece of threaded rod with 2 washers & 2 nuts to clamp the spool & chuck it in a drill motor to remove line from reels. If you are saving the line just put a piece of tape on the side of the spool with the line info. If you are getting rid of the line just put a wrap of tape around the spool & toss it in the plastics recycling bin. Get empty spools from tackle shops that install line or ask friends for thier discarded spools, etc.                    Rudy

Keta

I have a pile of bulk line spools that I give away.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mo65

I weighed the spools today and the aluminum is 8 ounces lighter. Aluminum weighed in at 9oz., chromed bronze at 17oz. A significant difference...but the reel feels like a log with either to me! :D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~