Penn jigmaster yoke screw sizes

Started by Fishgolfman, February 22, 2017, 03:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishgolfman

Anything from McMaster and Carr that will work? Want to replace a bunch of yoke screws on various penn reels such as penn 85 and jigmaster.

foakes

Hi FGM --

Kind of specialized with the smooth shank for the springs -- might be better off just getting what is needed from Scott's.  They are not expensive.

Maybe Sal would know if MC has these, or if SS is available in bulk paks.

Let us know what you find out...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Fishgolfman

Thanks. Was looking for non shanked ones not smooth.

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

PacRat

I purchase the screws a little long from McMaster-Carr, this is so that I can put a couple of jamb-nuts on the end. The space between the jamb nuts and the screw head should be equal to the desired length of the smooth area. I then chuck them in the drill press and file them smooth. Use your calipers often to prevent removing too much material. Use a thin strip of sandpaper to finish it. Finally I put the smooth screw into a drilled out dowel that's the proper length so that I can put a nut on the end and cut the screw flush with the nut. The dowel will also help you to hold onto it while you grind it smooth as it will get hot quickly. Removing this nut restores the threads but they will still need a quick clean-up with a dremel. This sounds more difficult than it is. The same technique is used for cutting the other bridge screws to length also.
-Mike

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."