Penn resto-mods...155 & 501

Started by pompano joe, February 22, 2017, 08:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pompano joe

Just finished up these two...

The Black 155 Beachmaster came in from New York for a complete clean and lube and a few strategic upgrades...Tiburon one-piece aluminum frame, HT-100 drags, Dupont Derlin under gear and under star washers, custom black Cerakote Motive Fabrication off-set 2 position power handle (thanks for working with me guys!) and a ported aluminum jigging knob. Also has a stock steal main gear and stainless pinion.

The "Arrest Me Red" 501 Jigmaster is our first Cortez Conversion reel and is full of cutting edge stuff from Alan Tani and friends...

• Cortez Conversion Kit
    ProChallenger 4:1 501X helical cut gear set with CF drags
    ProChallenger Stainless Steal (SS) double-dog bridge
    ProChallenger SS 10 tooth gear sleeve
    SS pinion yoke and jack
    Motive Fabrication drag star
    Maxed Out eccentric lever
    Motive Fabrication 2 pos., offset power handle
    EVA jigging knob

Many thanks to all the innovators who made both of these reels happen, and to mentor and friend Keith Rawson for his undying support of my favorite pastime.

#blaze #cortezconversions #prochallenger #maxedout #cerakote #oceanmaster #alantani
Pompano Joe

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Putte

Best regards:
Jörgen Sandén, Sweden / Norway.

gstours

Great Job ;D  Now go fishing!  Who thought this site and all the 55 chevys, n old penn reels would some day gain the favor of old men, n wanna bee,s ::)

pompano joe

Pompano Joe

Maxed Out

It's amazing how far we have come in such a short time. I never get tired of seeing the custom builds that are inspired by this forum. Thanks for sharing your gems Joe. Love both, but that "arrest me red" is like a modern day Mona Lisa !!

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bill B

Joe, those reels are not worthy of your talents.....you should send them my way cuz my standards are way below your talents  ::) ::)    Cool Beans brother  great builds.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!