Bring Them Back

Started by Bill B, February 23, 2017, 04:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

I know it's not financially feasible for Penn to bring back to market older models, but I would like to hear from the masses, what reel would you like Penn to bring back to market?   I will start this off:

• Super Mariner 349HC
  • Silver Beach 99
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Keta

A modern 349 size 3.5:1 reel would be nice.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

A narrowed  II speed star drag 9/0, designed by Doc (Robert Janssen). Equipped with aluminum plates frame and spool.

Don't hold your breath on this one, if it did happen, they wouldn't know what to do with the rest in the same category.

Sal

Hoops, sorry. 9/0's are still manufactured by Penn...wrong thread.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Decker

Squidder 146, with a 4:1 gear ratio.  

Forgot to add, Mag 970.  Either one of these two would do.

Penn

Good topic, care if I join?    ;D

110 Senator

tony

sharkman

Aiala

The original greenie spinning reels.   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Decker

Quote from: Aiala on February 23, 2017, 02:02:47 PM
The original greenie spinning reels.   :)

~A~

Of everything mentioned so far, I think the greenie reels would be the most popular.   Would bring a sense of fun and history.  All the new spinning reels are styled like computers. 

Reel 224

I would like to see the 704 or 711 come back.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

mo65

Oh boy, there are so many classics, how do ya choose? I guess I'll always wonder why Penn ditched the Mag 10 and 210 yet still make the 309 and 209. The 309 and 209 are good...but the Mag 10 and 210 are great! Was it the cost of ball bearings? If so ditch 'em...the bushing bearings work just as well in these reels.  And less maintenance. The Mag 10 and 210 are the perfect marriage of modern speed/power and classic design simplicity. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mikeysm

iI would like to see the return of the 349h. Tom was working on side plates and frame. At this point it hasn't become reaiity.

Mike

thorhammer

Magpowers with frames. They were braid ready before braid was born. And greenies.  Levelmatics wouldn't hurt either 😎

FatTuna