2 headed monster? Eating cheap

Started by Big Tim, February 24, 2017, 10:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Ok so I got to watch the pennies and found beef short ribs on sale for $.99 a pound...Get a couple and brown them in olive oil, then into the crock pot for dinner tonight...Season to your taste, top with some BBQ sause,add some Thyme,  Rosemary and garlic a 1/2 cup of water and walk away for a coupe of hours...Remove the herbs and finish to fork tender...we will see this around 6 pm.   ;D

Slow cooked Beef Short ribs with steamed Asparagus and Baked potoato  ;D

Same store had Picnic Pork shoulder for $.89 a pound ;D So we score the skin, oil it up, season to taste & in the pre heated oven at 425 for 1 hour flipping it a the 1/2 hour mark...Then lower temp to 300 and cook for 3 hours...we will add a butter, mustard, honey, brown sugar glaze after 3 hours and cook until fork tender an a internal temp of 180-190 then rest her up for slicing and pulling...more pic to follow  ;D

First basting and glazing about 2 hours 45 minutes in...A little deep on the scoring but it will be the bomb, internal temp now is 160, abit more to go  ;D

7 hours in the oven & time to rest

Going to be some good eats

Reel 224

Dam! Tim that looks delicious. Pork rules  ;D ;)

Joe

PS But I can't eat it. I'm on a vegetarian diet. 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

MarkT

Looks good! You probably spent more on the asparagus than the ribs.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

David Hall

Looking good there Tim.
I'm thinking I might do a crockpot pork shoulder tonight.

Big Tim

Quote from: MarkT on February 25, 2017, 02:04:37 AM

Not quite. It is Asparagus season and they are about $1.89 a pound if you look...But yes the Asparagus was the pricey part of the meal.

BT

ChileRelleno

Dang fine eats ya got there Tim. 8)
Hold the Pork... I bet them beef ribs were da'bomb.
Not that the pork doesn't look danged good too.

And Asparagus, a family favorite here.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

MarkT

Quote from: Big Tim on February 25, 2017, 02:16:23 AM
Quote from: MarkT on February 25, 2017, 02:04:37 AM

Not quite. It is Asparagus season and they are about $1.89 a pound if you look...But yes the Asparagus was the pricey part of the meal.

BT
I'm not a fan of 'A' vegetables, asparagus chief among them, but I'll eat them if they show up on my plate. Afterall, I didn't get this big by missing any meals.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

I'm going to go to Fresno to do my grocery shopping.  Might bum a meal off of Tim while I'm there.  All kidding aside the prices in San Mateo are absurd.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.