Where have you fished?

Started by conchydong, March 01, 2017, 01:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

Just thought I would bring up a new topic. Love to hear from others so I can possibly plan for the future. I am a Floridian, born in Key West but now reside in Pompano Beach. Besides the Keys and the East coast of Florida, I have fished (alot)in the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Belize, Scotland, Philippines. twice off of the East Cape (Baja) and two 10 day Long range trips out of San Diego. I have to admit that the San Diego long range trips were the most enjoyable as there isn't another experience like that.
I wish that I could afford more of them.
I do want to fish the NE coast and catch some Stripers and if I can pull it off someday , I also would like to go to PEI for giant Bluefin..

Post up some places that you have enjoyed the fishing or just the experience.

Moderators: If there is a better place to post this than by all means relocate it.

steelhead_killer

Good topic!  Hawaii, California, Oregon, Washington, Florida, Montana, Idaho, The Keys, Thailand, Nevada, Bahamas, Cabo, varies places in Canada and Minnesota. Bucket list destinations,  Flyfishing in the salt for coho in Alaska,  fly fishing in New Zealand,  Tarpon on a Fly,  Ulua popper fishing in the andeman islands, long range trip out of SD... not in that order... most memorable is difficult, probably the trips taken with my grandfather skating flies for summer run steelhead on the Rogue River when I was a kid.

Andy
><)))">

otownjoe

San Diego long range is my favorite. Next would be pulley ridge on the yankeecapts. The variety of bottom fish available is amazing. Joe

Reel 224

New Jersey, New York, Africa, and Germany.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

MarkT

Missouri, Ohio, Colorado, Connecticut, California, Baja Mexico, British Columbia. I live in Southern California so fish the San Diego fleet from overnight to 10 day trips. I have 2 1/2, 5 and 10 day trips booked for this year. I've flown to Cedros Island twice to fish from Pangas. I have a boat so I fish local California landings as well as local freshwater lakes.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Zimbass

Quote from: Reel 224 on March 01, 2017, 03:30:06 AM

Joe

Africa is a big continent Joe.........where did you get to fish ?

Terry.

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

Gfish

A fly-in, float down the river trip on the Alaskan tundra was the best all around experience I've ever had. We took our time, spent 2 weeks camping out 'till we hit the beach. Moose, fox, herds of caribou. There were bears and wolves around though all we saw were tracks. To see a totaly wild river with all those salmon and char species, steelhead, resident rainbows, it'll spoil ya. Even the native inuit village was awesome. Long ago, but if I remember right I's on a river down the panhandle from Bristol Bay, left from the town of King Salmon, flew down island chain and they dropped us in the Lake. I believe, it was the Sandy River, way down near the end of the chain. There're lodges there now, but only one that I remember from the early 90's when I's there.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

bill19803

a   fly in   trout  trip  ne of   yellowknife  NWT   or    16   days    from   san  diego   and  4  days  hiking in  adirondacks-- they  are all memorable   some  for  great  food   some  for great  scenery   some    for huge  fish.  Like the lake trout that  tried  to eat  my    21 lb  lake  trout  or    the   231   lb  yellowfin  or the   5 lb  eastern brookie   followed  by     26 lb laker within  5 mins.  Its  not the place  its  the feeling Some days  the feeling is  there  others not  so much.  So  go  where   you want    and   just   enjoy the  heck out the  erperience.

ReelFishingProblems

Washington, Oregon, California and Florida. I should have fished in a lot more states but I was younger and worried about other things. What I really kick myself over is not fishing in Oman, for $20 out of any small fishing village a local fisherman will take you out into some of the richest waters in the world.
Oh and I fished with a 7yr old boy on the Tigris river in Iraq with a stick and a string with a hook to catch a crazy eel with a chainsaw looking tail.

akfish

I live in Alaska so there's pretty spectacular fishing a 10 minute walk from my house or a 30 minute run in the boat. I've been doing 15 day trips out of San Diego for several years now and Cabo several years before that. Plus a couple exotic trips: Taimen in Mongolia and Nile Perch in Egypt. Someday I need to catch a Masur in the Indian Himalayas and a swordfish somewhere.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Reel 224

Quote from: Zimbass on March 01, 2017, 03:56:54 AM
Quote from: Reel 224 on March 01, 2017, 03:30:06 AM

Joe

Africa is a big continent Joe.........where did you get to fish ?

Terry.

Yes it is. I was at Whelas AFB in Libya our billets were within walking distance from the Med. I was there as a Construction Engineer,TDY with the 78th Engineer Bat. In 1967. Nice place if Kadifi wasn't ruler. The Air Force left in 69.

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Cor

South Africa (nearly every day still) Mauritius, Seychelles, Australia & Namibia.

For Zimbass; quite a few places around S.A.'s coast and also some inland waters for Bass.   My Brother lives in Walvisbay, so I go fish Henties and around Namibia fairly regularly.
Cornelis

Keta

Oregon, California, Washington, Nevada, Alaska, Utah, Iowa, Minesota, Wisconsin, Lousiana, Ontario, British Columbia and Baja.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

sharkman

North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida

Dan-J

New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Florida, Michigan, Ohio, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Cancun and Grand Cayman.