Question about eBay item

Started by The Great Maudu, March 06, 2017, 04:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Maudu

I've seen this several times in the past 6 months or so. It will be up for a couple days and then disappear. Anyone know anything about this?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/162420218859

David Hall

I've never seen one before and do not know a thing about it but 7.54 for an uncommon reel might be reasonable just to take it apart and see what's inside.

bluefish69

If you went down in the post the guy wants $1000 for it

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

broadway

About 3 months ago I informed Ebay of this false posting and they removed it... it has since come up at least 4 times.
Don't get sucked in, but if you just have to get ready to call PayPal... you are not getting that reel.
Dom

Superhook

Dom is on the mark. It is a scam that has been going on for years.  just ignore it and you won't get bitten.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Superhook on March 06, 2017, 06:31:43 AM
Dom is on the mark. It is a scam that has been going on for years.  just ignore it and you won't get bitten.

Yep >:(
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

oc1

It's gone now.  What was it?
-steve

Superhook

Steve,

It is an early , Gold anodized Kovalovsky reel.

Ray

oc1

Thanks Ray.  Sorry I missed it.
-steve

sdlehr

Thanks, Steve, I had missed it too.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

The Great Maudu

I have nicknamed this reel The Flying Dutchman because of the way it mysteriously appears and disappears.  Apparently eBay can't stop it from being reposted and can't disable the account. Keep yer eyes peeled and yer dubloons handy and ye might just git lucky, errrrr!

Bill B

I think we would have better luck dropping 1K all on black at the roulette table... ;D. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Dominick

This can't be a scam.  I sent a $1000.00 money order to Nigeria to pay for it.  Adamma Adebesi, the seller said he will ship it immediately after he gets the money.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

swill88

I bid $10 and was the highest bidder for a sec

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Dominick on March 06, 2017, 05:48:02 PM
This can't be a scam.  I sent a $1000.00 money order to Nigeria to pay for it.  Adamma Adebesi, the seller said he will ship it immediately after he gets the money.  Dominick
You and a few others!  ;) Maybe ya'll can take turns fondling it, the memory and picture that is! ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)