Question about eBay item

Started by The Great Maudu, March 06, 2017, 04:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Quote from: Dominick on March 06, 2017, 05:48:02 PM
This can't be a scam.  I sent a $1000.00 money order to Nigeria to pay for it.  Adamma Adebesi, the seller said he will ship it immediately after he gets the money.  Dominick

A quick story --

There was a bunch of junk on our property when purchased some years ago -- loaded up (4) 40 yard dumpsters.

One thing too heavy and too big to go into a dumpster was an old Moline horse/tractor Manure Spreader from around 1920 -- out of Minneapolis, Minnisota -- I only know this because the great old painted logo is still intact on the sides, and it has those neat old yellow steel spoke wheels.

Put an ad on Craigslist -- had no idea what this was valued at -- so just said $1000, OBO.

Within 10 minutes I had an email from Adamma's brother saying he has been looking for one of these -- offered up a email address from Eastern NY -- and said he would have his purchasing agent pick up the Manure Spreader within 1 week.

He agreed to the asking price, and wanted my pay-pal or bank routing information to conclude the transaction.

I told him that he likely didn't need a manure spreader -- he was doing a good job on his own without it.

I still have it -- and may just make a planter out of it -- kind of cool.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

broadway

Love the "Adamma" reference.
Cool looking turd shooter, Fred ;)
Dom

Fishy247

Hahaha...."turd shooter".....

Great comeback Fred!

Tightlines667

This story reminds me of...

One of the farmers whose land we hunted for years in NODAK who had one of the largest collections of 'Moline of Minneapolis' farm equipment in the country.  I enjoyed having him show us everything (which occupied 3 large quonsets).  Not sure if I remember a manure spreader?  His wife liquidated the entire collection at a single auction upon his passing several years back.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

foakes

Here it is --

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bill B

Fred just add a crate 350 Chevy motor and transmission and it could be put to good use in Washington DC....ooops  ::)maybe too political, but then I will only live once  ;D  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Dominick

Close Bill but funny.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Benni3

Had the highest bid on a antique hardy after the auction lost it ,,, called ebay again ,, thay said you did win it but the other bidder gets it,,computer problem