Locked down Drags

Started by Jayce, April 28, 2011, 02:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnlevel Sharker

You weld the main gear to the sleeve in a conventional
Grayson Lanier

Keta

Metal drag washers can be made with both a keyed ID and eared OD but it might cause something to break.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

why not just do hand line fishing? just buy a good pair of gloves and you all set. also you are wasting your money and not using the gear for it's intended purpose.  :D

bmullaney

Quote from: akfish on April 28, 2011, 11:53:15 AM
Wow. I'm surprised you do't bend the shaft with that much drag. People who use 7500 and 8500 Spinfishers to snag salmon up here inevitably bend the shaft -- which wipes out the ant-reverse and causes other problems. If I needed that much drag, I'd use a different reel.

so would I - like the Ocea Jigger with the spool lock feature. I am picking one soon.

Rocketman

Quote from: Newell Nut on November 26, 2013, 09:03:02 PM
Even with my 6/0 the drag is still going to be as tight I can get it. Can't let it slip when playing with grouper and reef.

Jr uses a 113 & I use a Torium 50 - both with 80# PP - drags tightened as tight as possible with leather gloves. Big groupers here are mean and nasty - battle is won/lost within the first 10 seconds of the fight. Even then we still get our butts handed to us sometime....

RM
Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it!