Main Menu

Help

Started by sharkman, March 10, 2017, 01:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Well gentleman, as I said I have contacted the media and so far only one responded and I have my Congressman working on it. As far as me going on base, I would not get past the first checkpoint without a pass, and I wouldn't involve Ruth in attempting that. That main checkpoint is about 3/4 mile from the second gate and security, then there is the pier. This is a Naval weapons station and pier for naval ships. It's not as though you can just drive out there and go fishing without proper ID. Of which I had up until this year, but now the post Commander changed all that because he could.

The whole Idea is to cut 80-90% of fishing privileges and that is the bottom line.

I'm not giving up but I don't know anyone who fishes there in the past that has the same situation as I do. When the article runs in the paper Friday we will see if anyone steps up, I'm hopping they will. I've spent a lot of my time doing this and I don't want it to become all consuming. I have a life other then this, don't get me wrong I love fishing as a hobby but it isn't my life. Ruth and I are strongly thinking of buying a boat as soon as our house is sold. 

Joe     
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Decker

Please post a link to the article, Joe, if it is available online.

Reel 224

Quote from: Decker on March 22, 2017, 08:55:53 PM
Please post a link to the article, Joe, if it is available online.

It's not coming out till friday. The site is Asbury park press If you can't find it let me know and I'll see if I can attach it here.

Joe II
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

foakes

Yep, Joe --

Fishing is only a small part of what is important in my life also.

Some things are not worth the hassle.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bluefish69

Joe

Did you post anything on N.J. Saltwater Fishing?

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Reel 224

Quote from: bluefish69 on March 22, 2017, 11:07:09 PM
Joe

Did you post anything on N.J. Saltwater Fishing?

Mike

No Mike I didn't. I was a member but I stopped going to that sight a while ago. I only know one member Phil Muck and haven't been in touch with him for a year or two.

Joe 

Reel 224

Here is the entire article about fishing on the Naval pier

Joe

Swami805

That's too bad Joe, I hope they change the policy and let you all fish there. I wonder what kind of "burden on security" it could possibly be?

Be nice to read a story someday titled "New area opened to Fisherman".
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Decker

Reel 224

Joe; I had that site posted the other day but it has to many popups so I decided to post the actual article on site. The explanation that you read is bogus from the post security person. He stated it was a manning situation because of Ordinance being loaded on the pier, They do not load any munitions on the pier from 16:30-07:00 on weekdays and on week ends there is no loading what so ever. They also cut the fishing times to Friday-Sunday and Holidays, Monday-Thursday there is no fishing at all.

This post Commander is a jerk that wants to keep vets of the pier without due cause because he can.

Joe

David Hall

And unfortunately being a military installation the laws fall under the UCMJ and under that the base commander can regulate traffic through his gates any way he wants with nobody's approval required.
Ever been on lockdown?  In my brief military career of 4 URLs in the USAF alive seen a lot of things done.
Did you know writing on a desk is a federal offence?  So is getting a sunburn, it's called destruction of government property.

Reel 224

David; You are right, when it comes to the UCMJ it's a different ball game, but that's were I draw the line. If that post commander wishes to be hard-nosed about this, I can move on because his power is only as good as that one situation and I am not in the navy and I don't have to deal with his chicken S#$%t. As far as my military career goes, I have seen a lot in the  four years between 1963-1967 a president assassinated, the Viet Nam War escalate and Libya situation at Wheelus AB. So I know the military and how it worked then.

State side is a different situation all together and I spent my time overseas. Like I said before. I'm not making this my life's ambition, I just brought it up because of the situation that sharkman was posting about. Thanks for all those that were concerned.

Joe

Shark Hunter

I didn't realize this was Earle.
I spent my two weeks for reserve duty there back in 90 and 91.
My enlistment was called a 3x6.
Three Active, Two reserve and the last was inactive before my Honorable Discharge.
I missed the callback in my contract to Iraq by a few months.
Life is Good!

sharkman

The battle continues.  I took grandson and daughter to the area and someone had replaced the 9am-5pm parking to anytime. I knew this was a fake for two reason all D Permit parking in our area is 9-5 and then open parking for the rest of the time also it sticker was off shade of green compared to the rest of the sign.  I contacted the local authorities who reviewed sign and they contact parking enforcement. Parking enforcement removed the sticker stating it was illegally placed on the sign. Parking enforcement told the officer is it happens again they will press charges for vandalism.

Reel 224

That is a shame that people are so miserable that they want to spoil others enjoyment ::) :( >:(

Joe