Old avet 4.1:1 LX

Started by Swami805, March 15, 2017, 12:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

Greetings a buddy brought over this avet apart in a bag to me to see if I could get it working for him. He had taken it to the local shop for service and they gave it back to him a year and a half later like this. Great service huh?  Anyway I thought I'd give it a shot but I've never worked on a lever drag before. I can't seem to find a schematic for this one and I'm thinking I should check to see if all the parts are there first. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Keta

I had 2 to service last year, hopefuly all the parts are there as Avet is running out of pats for them.  If I remember right they are similar to newer Avets but the clicker is different.  If you can not get them together I can no charge.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

exp2000

Cheers
~

Swami805

Thanks for the offer Lee, if I get stuck I'll take you up on it. Looking at it now as an opportunity  to get my feet wet with a lever drag as this one doesn't seem to complex.
exp2000- the sun just cleared the yard arm so cheers back at ya.
Thanks Sheridan
Ps  that has to be the goofiest shark on that reel, looks more like a constipated porpoise
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young

I th No thoses are easier to service than the newer ones because the anti-reverse is in the sideplate on the crank shaft. You don't have to mess with the anti-reverse friction wire.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D