penn 710z bearings

Started by Johnj67, March 15, 2017, 01:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnj67

Hello all, I was looking to get a  couple of bearings for 2 710z reels i just picked up. I am hoping to upgrade them with new drags and bearings. Has anybody used the bearings by FASTEDDY bearings?? Price looks pretty good. www.fasteddybearings.com

reelrepair123

just double check, the fast eddie bearings i got weren't   stainless steel, could be a big problem down the road.   harryk

Johnj67

Thank you, guess I'll spring for the Bocas.

oc1

I don't know if Fast Eddie is fast or not.  I do know that Boca Bearing is slow and it seems to take forever to receive the order.
-steve

edit: See the retraction below.  Boca did their part in a timely manner.

handi2

You dont have to go the Boca route to get good SS bearings. Especially if you only need that one bearing. Search the auction site with your bearing size (3/8x7/8x9/32) and you will find one not too expensive.

Boca has always been fast and easy for me. Try to always contact Jeff in fishing reel bearings.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Johnj67

Wow lots of great info. Thank you for the measurements too, that should help out alot. I will give that a shot.

sharkman

McMastercarr has a ton of bearings that size with full descriptions

oc1

I have to correct my statement about Boca Bearings above.  Turns out they processed and shipped the order very quickly (hybrid bearings for an original Calcutta 50).  The USPS tracking says it was delivered but it wasn't.
-steve

coastal_dan

I had a asked a similar question a few months back in the International board, basically the answer I received was to steer clear of the Fast Eddy's due to them not having stainless ball bearings and most of these reels being used in a saltwater setting; thus not needing to rely solely on your application of grease, but counting on the bearing materials to stand the test of mother nature and time as well.

If you are fishing it only in freshwater than I wouldn't think it would be an issue with enough grease applied.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...