Penn 349 Cradle Reel Adventure...

Started by coastal_dan, March 17, 2017, 01:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

All hands on deck!  ;D

Folks, I need to see if anyone can help with the identification of this cradle manufacturer.  Take a look at the photos please and let me know if you can assist!  

I spoke with our friends Mike and Randy, as well as some folks at Tiburon and Accurate, no takers yet on fabricator.  Maybe a home job, but man it would take a true craftsman/machinist to put together this cradle and spool with matching anodizing, in my opinion.

There are quite a few interesting things going on with this combo as well, the devil is in the details!  Enjoy and many thanks!

Thanks for looking.

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

thorhammer

My guess is Ted made it 😎😎😎😎

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Maxed Out

Don't blame that reel from mars on me. Looks like green cheese. AKA Soilent Green  8) 8)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Dan, you know I'm only 15 minutes away from you, my question is: where do you find these hidden treasures?

You might have something unique, very nice.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Where did you find that treasures?  Wow!!!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

coastal_dan

Honestly, my only purchasing venue of late has been eBay...every once in a while I get something from a friend or member, but that's rare.

eBay can be a very powerful tool...or an overpriced humdinger, haha.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Bill B

Cool cradle Dan...kinda St. Patricks Special....I saw that posting and didnt see the locking collar for the ferule.....did it happen to come with it?  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

mo65

It's in great shape...very nice find Dan! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Penn Chronology

Great find Dan. I missed that listing and I know of one very avid cradle collector that saw the listing and passed it up. He is now kicking himself. That is a unique piece. I suspect it is a jig welded cradle, not a aluminum casting. Very odd!!

coastal_dan

Thanks for the input and comments all!

All parts are done soaking and ready for assembly so once I get some time I'll put it all back together and grab a couple pictures.  No heavy dirt/dust, just a few decades of your daily 'grime' that needed to come off.

My information quest continues...
Dan from Philadelphia...

broadway

Glad you go that one, Dan! It's gonna look really sweet in your collection and it may even be the center piece.
Well done!
Dom
PS- John, you made me laugh, and you're probably right, lol ;D

mizmo67

Neat find! I don't think I've ever seen a cradle assembly before. Don't remember so, at any rate.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

54bullseye

Quote from: mizmo67 on March 26, 2017, 06:34:38 PM
Neat find! I don't think I've ever seen a cradle assembly before. Don't remember so, at any rate.
[/quot
Cradle that's not a cradle !!!  This is a cradle !!!  Giant Kovalovsky cradle with Tycoon Martuna rod and unknown owner !!