Surprise from the wife: Edward vom Hofe 621 3/0

Started by jason_purdy, March 20, 2017, 12:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason_purdy

A package arrived in the mail for my wife, and she told me to open it. Ok, I'm game... Much to surprise and bewilderment was an Edward vom Hofe 621 3/0!!!  :o I was literally speechless for a few minutes. I'm feeling pretty lucky right now, and the reel is only part of the reason why  :)

Bill B

Outstanding Wife to give you such a special reel...congrats brother....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Tightlines667

Thats a good story.

& that reel will clean up beautifully, if you so chose.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Bryan Young

Those are great!!!  German silver. Will polish up nice.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

oc1

I wish my wife could meet your wife and learn a thing or two.  Your wife has excellent taste too.
-steve

jason_purdy

Thanks for the kind words gents. Her first gift to me was a Penn 706 greenie. She doesn't get the obsession, but she supports me all the same ;) I'll post pics after I've cleaned up the reel.

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

coastal_dan

Very nice!  I love the patina of these old reels, they have a story to tell and it shows!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

conchydong

Very nice. My wife has no interest in my fishing, she only cares that I bring home fish to eat.  ;D She does, however, give me the freedom to fish when I want and I give her the freedom to play Mah Jong when she wants, so I guess we allow each other enjoy our hobbies. I am happy though when she wins playing her game and she is happy when I bring home the "bacon". She wouldn't know what rod or reel to buy me anyway so for me it is better that she has no interest.
It is nice that some spouses have a knowledge of what their husbands like though.
Very nice classic reel.

Scott

Makule

I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

The Great Maudu

Don't forget to show us those pics of the reel cleaned up.

mizmo67

I got Scotty that way at Christmas.

A leatherbound signed edition of his favorite book Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
The only book he has ever read 3 times.

He got teary eyed.

He promptly read it for the 4th.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com