Philadelphia

Started by Bryan Young, March 20, 2017, 08:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

This past week, I headed to Philadelphia to mentor our youth in Safety as a part of my company's sponsorship to FIRST Robotics, a robotics competition program for our youth.

Upon my arrival I headed to the independence visitor center and walked around Philadelphia, seeing Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross's house, and the Korean War Memorial before heading to my hotel.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

And the mind and drove by Penn too.

Could not visit Penn and the were not receiving any visitors. I was looking forward to meet To y. Well, maybe next time.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

And the event begins. Off to work.  A few days of this, but I was tired by the second day.

Bryan Young

An event new friend recommended a Japanese restaurant to have sushi in Germantown, named Osaka. I started with a blue fin special that included otoro (very fatty blue fin tuna), chu toro (fatty blue fin tuna), maguro (not fatty blue fin tuna) and negi toro (fatty tuna with onions).  Man it was delicious...but I was still hungry. So I order a North Shore Roll as I posted. It was delicious.

I also met a wonderful older couple on their date night ( married 49 years) . We had wonderful conversations while eating sushi.

Philadelphia is definitely a city of brotherly love.

Bryan Young

Oh, the philly cheese steak.

Nice little local hole in the wall. A must visit place.  Very friendly service adds to the local atmosphere.

Bryan Young

And more pictures of the event.

And whew. I'm threw. Walked about 12 miles in 3 days.

Bryan Young

And the final highlight of the whole trip.

Can you guess?

Keta

The bottom photo looks like you are in Australia or New Zealand.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

I have no idea why the photos are flipped or how to I flip them. I have the key but this does not mean I know how to drive. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

After the event I drove to Sal's house and was created by Sal himself. Immediately I felt like he was my older brother. Not much older. Maybe I should have said wiser....?  I have as invited in to meet his lovely wife Cathy. OMG, it felt like I was family. Such a warm home and wonderful feeling.  I was fortunate to meet Alyssa And Anthony. Very beautiful children.  I can see why Sal is such a big, strong man. Alyssa wis definitely gazillion times more beautiful in person. He has to portray a sense of fear in any guy trying to court her.  And Anthony. Handsome dude. I'm sure Cathy will warm any girls heart as she inters the door.  Who knows what Sal would do.  ::) ;D

Dan showed up a few moments later. Very nice handsome chap. So greatful that he put the whole AT shirt and sweatshirt together.  Learning of his far reaching family in the area. History associated with his family stores were so very interesting. Quality person right here.

Time flew by as fast as it could. What seemed like minutes were really hours of talking, eating and drinking as it we were hanai (not blood relatives).

Till we meet again my friends.  A trip to remember for sure b

Tightlines667

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 20, 2017, 09:11:05 PM
I have no idea why the photos are flipped or how to I flip them. I have the lead. Do any mean I know how to drive. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

After the even I drove to Sal's house and was created by Sal himself. Immediately I felt like he was my older brother. Not much older. Maybe I should have said wiser....?  I have as invited in to meet his lovely wife Cathy. OMG, it felt like I was family. Such a warm home and wonderful feeling.  I was fortunate to meet Alyssa And Anthony. Very beautiful children.  I can see why Sal is such a big, strong man. Alyssa wis definitely gazillion times more beautiful in person. He has to portray a sense of fear in any guy trying to court her.  And Anthony. Handsome dude. I'm sure Cathy will warm any girls heart as she inters the door.  Who knows what Sal would do.  ::) ;D

Dan showed up a few moments later. Very nice handsome chap. So greatful that he put the whole AT shirt and sweatshirt together.  Learning of his far reaching family in the area. History associated with his family stores were so very interesting. Quality person right here.

Time flew by as fast as it could. What seemed like minutes were really hours of talking, eating and drinking as it we were hanai (not blood relatives).

Till we meet again my friends.  A trip to remember for sure b

I wanna know how he greeted you..
With
"Brian"
Or
"Bri..Bri"?

Great that you guys finally got to meet in person!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

mo65

Awesome! I want one of those cheese steaks big time! ;D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

It was a great evening, 6 hours went by and felt as 6 minutes, I could have talked to Bryan forever... what a nice guy.
Dan is also good company, I believe we all had a great time.
I just wished it was Saturday evening and not Sunday evening, so we could have kept going.

Bryan, I was honored having you at my house and hoping to see you again soon.

Thanks guys for a great evening!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Just thinking about a visit to Sal and Cathy's house gets me salivating.  I understand how you felt.  I'm glad you got to meet his family and Dan also.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

Just look at Sal in that shot with the lobsters...is he happy or what? ;)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~