Philadelphia

Started by Bryan Young, March 20, 2017, 08:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

What a great visit Bry-Bry! Sal and Dan are great folks, which is obvious on the site but way more behind the scenes and in person. A highlight in my life was the Penn tour and getting the cheesesteak at D's with the AT crowd. It's always a pleasure to meet the folks, so to speak, and I've met some on both coasts. Still some on the list....

David Hall

coastal_dan

It was an immense pleasure hanging out with you gentleman; kind of like eating dinner with some of your favorite superhero's. 

Sal's hospitality is out of this world, and Bryan is a wealth of knowledge (especially on recycled cooking oil powering his old 7.3  :D)

I was actually full all day yesterday from all the food and wine, haha!

An evening not soon forgotten...
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

STRIPER LOU

Going to PA and meeting all the crew must have been like a visit to the promised land. ;)

...................Lou

coastal_dan

If any members come to Philly, whether folks can meet up or not.  Dalessandros should be a priority...the best steak in town is no joke, and combine it with a Peroni...bam.

Next up we all need to go visit Dom in NYC for a slice...I won't even pretend that there is a decent slice in Philly that could compare to NYC, haha.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Bryan Young

Dan,

Sal has a drag kit waiting for you at his house. 

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Whew, I'm all caught up, I think.  Drag washer kits sent out, reels serviced and mailed/delivered/picked-up.  113H washers and Newell 500/600 washers are on order, should get them the second week of April...  whew, it's a good feeling...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

swill88

Thanks Bryan!  Great report!  You are a Mensch!

I'm looking for an excuse to travel east just to have dinner at Sal's.

Steve

broadway

Great report, Bry!
Happy to see you spending time with some top quality members, eating top quality food, having top quality conversations.... I'm jealous!
D's cheesesteaks are insanely good and you can get them with virtually anything in the world on them.
I would love to have you guys come in and grab some slices at Arturo's some time, but only if you bring Dominick. ;)
look at that hospitality and friendship in the photos, it's a beautiful thing!
Thanks for sharing,
Dom

mizmo67

Looks like you had a great visit!
I missed that you were going to be in Philly or I would have tried to wrangle getting Scott and I over there, too!
I still haven't met the Philly Ohana :)
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Bryan Young

Quote from: mizmo67 on March 31, 2017, 04:51:56 PM
Looks like you had a great visit!
I missed that you were going to be in Philly or I would have tried to wrangle getting Scott and I over there, too!
I still haven't met the Philly Ohana :)
Would have loved to meet the both of you as well.  Maybe my next visit.  NJ seems so far away on the map.  I didn't realize how close NJ really is.

Maxed Out

Bryan, you should be glad Penn was closed to visitors or you might have stayed there all weekend !!

All that good grub has made me hungry. Nice going Sal !! You are a gracious host. Those lobsters are gigantic and mouth watering !!  -Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mizmo67

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 31, 2017, 06:21:02 PM
Would have loved to meet the both of you as well.  Maybe my next visit.  NJ seems so far away on the map.  I didn't realize how close NJ really is.

About an hour to get to the bridge in Philly, I think.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com