let's make sure everyone feels welcomed.

Started by alantani, May 02, 2011, 02:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhale1

Welcome WW and fatstogie7..... I hope you enjoy!
Brett

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Benni3

Donnyboat

Fatstogie & WW, welcome, unfortunatly week dont get to welcome everyone, but dont feel left out, the more members the better, nothing like restoring an old reel, bringing it back to life, & catching a nice fish with it, thanks to Alan, & all the brains around here, we can now do this, welcome again all the way from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Taskmaster

Newbie to the board and have already spent a few days reading.  Great site and from my perspective a whole lot of people that are in a different league than me when it comes to reel repair and modifications.  Hopefully one day I can contribute something of substance.  I am currently setting up my work-space and thought "Man this is going to be sight to behold", then I saw some of your guys work-spaces (Dream Crushers You Are).  I have quite a bit of the tools I need and just received Alan's bearing packer "Beautiful piece of craftsmanship".  I'm in Pensacola and do a significant amount of fishing, my reels get abused.  I figure in another 3-4 months I will have all the equipment needed to service most reels and as far as parts, that collection will come over time.  So that's me in a nutshell, a work in progress.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Diver!

It is important and crucial to remember — that we all start somewhere with our expression and skills.

To a guy with a TV tray and a few tools — to professionals making a living doing reel repairs and servicing for others — we need to hang onto the feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction of doing something that few can or will attempt to do nowadays.

To some of the newer members —

If you come onto Alan's site knowing little about reel repair, restoration, upgrades, and servicing — seriously study the site for the areas that interest you every day for 90 days — work on a few various types of reels — really trying to understand the interaction of parts and materials — plus listen to others and ask questions — you will know more than 90% of typical reel repair folks, IMO.

This is THE site to go to — if one is serious about reel service and repairs. 

No advertisements, no pop-ups, no profanity, no class distinctions.

Respect for others, as well as their knowledge, unselfish contributions, and questions...

It is "Ohana" — which means family, in Hawaiian.

Glad to have you on the site!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Smokie

Hello,  I'm new and I haven't yet found the secret to attaching photos. I can select them but they simply won't attach. I hope someone out there can help. Smokie.

alantani

guys, welcome!  to post photos, you click on "additional options," then "choose file," then select the photo from your computer that you want to add.  as far as glitches in the system, it would not surprise me if you found one.  this shareware is not the most sophisticated.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Taskmaster and Smokie, welcome aboard gentlemen!

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tiddlerbasher

Hi guys and welcome to the best forum on earth! - Chris, UK.

Benni3

bhale1

Welcome guys.....
Brett from So. AZ....
And, its a new adventure for me to add a photo every time, not very computer literate here also....just keep trying, if i figure it out anyone can ;D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !