let's make sure everyone feels welcomed.

Started by alantani, May 02, 2011, 02:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

The different vibe here, dare I say more adult and professional, is one of the very best things about your board Alan.
I'd hope that anyone new would feel at ease asking ANY question, I'm sure we all remember being new!

Kurly Kiwi

Hello Team, I have been following this site and gleening helpful information from it for more than a year. I had questions I wanted to ask but were reluctant to " join up & register", however, after reading this blog I feel quite comfortable, and have taken the plunge and joined up.  Thank you Alan for producing such an excellent forum. 
Fishing is a privilege.

alantani

welcome, kurly!  glad you joined up.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Norcal Pescador

Welcome Kurly. 8)  It's nice to hear your comments about Alan's site. Don't be shy about diving in! ;D ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Fishead

Unless one was born a genius,we all have been at the bottom looking up in one way or another.Some people are naturals at the same things others may struggle with.We all have things to teach & things to learn.This is a good place to do some of each without being judged.I hope it will stay that way.

If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Fishead on May 25, 2011, 10:55:45 PM
Unless one was born a genius,we all have been at the bottom looking up in one way or another.Some people are naturals at the same things others may struggle with.We all have things to teach & things to learn.This is a good place to do some of each without being judged.I hope it will stay that way.

Nicely said Fishead! ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

franky

Yes, I was definately one of those at the bottom looking up.  I've experienced some real nasty people who can for what ever reason be ultra "teritorial".  It could be at school, work, or at a fishing spot.  I have met some real secretive fisherman who don't believe in helping others.  :(

Thats okay, I believe that if I don't learn it from one person, eventually I'll get the answers from someone else.

Since finding this site, the people here have been totally excellent, without judgement, very professional, and honest.

Even after working on several penns and newells, I somehow still have questions about different situations that always creep up on me that leads me to seek advise from the guys here.  :)  Till today, they have all been very supportive and funny at times....And I thank each of you for that....

Thank you Alan, Brian, and the gang for such a wonderful and informative hang out!  :)

blktwr2660

Quote from: blktwr2660 on May 27, 2011, 08:45:48 PM
Hi,guys,wanted to say THANK YOU to ALAN,BRYAN and all the rest for makeing me so comfortble here and allow me to share and listen to my questions and ideas.THANK'S AGAIN 8)
Not from around here,Just fishing and doing time on planet earth.

Snagged2

Good philosophies,, Great site.. Thanks Alan
When I first got here,, I was reading a lot and posting little..
I've been helped and encouraged with many members here..

The wonderfully sincere, helpful attitude's and kind humor are much appreciated..
and, I feel fortunate when I have something to contribute or share with this wisdom and knowledge!!.

alantani

redsetta

QuoteThe wonderfully sincere, helpful attitudes and kind humor are much appreciated...
Well said Greg - couldn't agree more.
Thanks Alan and team, and Merry Christmas to all.
PS My wife (and kids) got me a fishing reel for Christmas - haven't seen it yet of course (two more sleeps!), but apparently it's a Jigmaster 500 with a Newell 99 frame and spool. Feeling very fortunate.  ;)
All the best for the festive season.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

alantani

Treybien

Hello all. I'm new to both forums and fishing. I really appreciate the atmosphere you all make an obvious effort to foster and maintain. As I started on my journey to learn to fish, my time poking around on the interweb turned up Alan's name too often to not pay attention.

I'm something of a tinkerer by trade so I registered for the site and dove right in to taking apart my Penn 320 gt2 with the help of Alan's wonderful tutorial.  Everything was going well until I fat fingered the dog spring and it shot into history.  Well, back to the store tomorrow.  :D

I have to say, I'm looking forward to this year's adventures on the Chesapeake and learning and sharing with the 'ohana that you have created.

Thanks everyone!

Trey

bluefish69

Trey

You have just joined the club of missing springs. You also joined one of the best sites on the internet.

Welcome from L.I. N.Y.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.