let's make sure everyone feels welcomed.

Started by alantani, May 02, 2011, 02:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

trey, welcome!  send me a pm with your address.  i have some 0.010 inch teflon dots that are used to shim the pawls of the levelwind assembly.  it will dramatically increase the reliability of the levelwind assembly.  and welcome!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

Quote from: bluefish69 on February 10, 2013, 04:56:41 AM
Trey

You have just joined the club of missing springs. You also joined one of the best sites on the internet.

Welcome from L.I. N.Y.

Mike

the first time i lost a spring for a penn 113h, i spend 3 hours looking for it.  never did find it.....   ;D

harryk3616

hi    guys           i joined awhile ago, i don't remember how i stumbled onto this site, but it was one of the best stumbling things i did.  not only is it very informative with very knowledgeable people, it has some very generous fishing and reel repair guys. iv'e purchased some parts very reasonable,traded reels,  iv'e had  reels and parts sent to my house by these wonderful guys because when i joined i posted that i was handicapped and couldn't really fish anymore, so picking up reels here and there gave me something to do.  refurbishing, repairing them and just collecting the reels became a hobby, or should i say an obsession, i love it, and i can honestly say iv'e never sold a reel, i have given a couple away to needy guys, but thats what it's all about, help one another.  so, i'm very fortunate to have joined this site and have become friends with a bunch of wonderful guys. my best to all of you, and like alan says welcome new people with open arms.     harryk

Treybien

Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

So I waited 2 days to be able to go buy new dog springs.  When I sat down to put everything back together, I found the elusive dog spring stuck on some grease IN the reel  :o. Well, it's good to have spares.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Treybien on February 14, 2013, 09:59:48 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

So I waited 2 days to be able to go buy new dog springs.  When I sat down to put everything back together, I found the elusive dog spring stuck on some grease IN the reel  :o. Well, it's good to have spares.

Welcome to the site. The smaller and springier the part, the more you need a spare! Or two. ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Gr8White

Strip those small parts (especially if u know it has springs or circlips -from the drawing) inside a clear plastic bag

Alan if u ever come visit Oz, give me a shout - will take u out and put u up for a couple of nights

OSIRIS631

Hi Alan,

As a new guy I wanna tell you that both you and especially Altamare "Sal" have made me feel right at home... and I'am only here just a week.. there are also a few other guys that have helped me with some much appreciatted advice.. I look forward to putting together my little work bench and to start taking these reels apart without having that sinking feeling in my stomach... So I take my hat of to you guys.

regards,

John
Sometimes your the dog and sometimes your the tree.

alantani

these guys are great.  i've been swamped, like forever, and they've always stepped in to take up the slack. 

Big Tim

I just read this thread...I was right all along ... These people here are KOOL ... I appreciate being treated with dignity and respect regardless of my level of expertise, on anything!

alantani

you should tell these guys the story about you, eddie and the anchovy!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Remember, we have a 12 year old language rule... ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Quote from: Big Tim on September 19, 2014, 12:28:35 AM
I just read this thread...I was right all along ... These people here are KOOL ... I appreciate being treated with dignity and respect regardless of my level of expertise, on anything!

We feel sorry for you ;D  I'm glad to know you Tim.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

Love you Tim, but after racking with you anything near dignity and respect is hard! ;D ;D  :P
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Sea Dweller

Just throwing my two pennies in as a new guy myself.

I've got my first posts up here and in very short order I've had help, advice, opinions, and even help picking up a HIGHLY sought after part that if I hadn't been looking for I know would've been gobbled up.

My observations so far: even when people disagree on here, it doesn't resolve into an argument or waste-disposal-distance-contest. I've gotten help and seen good discussions that make it clear that this is a group of adults whose primary goals appear to be learning and helping. The regulars know enough that they can't be BSd and question less than solid information to help someone from being misled. This keeps out the know it all's and the ones who just want attention.

I was originally brought here thinking that it would be a parts/service site like Scott's and ended up staying once I'd seen what it really was. It's a hotrod shop where everyone is able to look at others as friends instead of competition and that says a lot.