Help a Bruva out...

Started by mo65, March 22, 2017, 04:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

No, I don't need money, only a little info. Striper Lou sent me this cool hand tied bucktail...and I'm going to show my freshwater roots by asking what's the deal with the hook eye? How do I tie onto it...anything special I should know? She's a beauty Lou, my brother will dig this, he ties jigs too. I'm on my way to his place in a few hours...we're going to open a can on some feesh this weekend! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Decker

It is intended to be crimped onto an eyelet on a lure with pliers.   

STRIPER LOU

Yup, Decker got it. Guys crimp them down on the end of a jig or plug or just crimp them down and use them as a teaser.

If you have to open the eye up and reclose it, it become week. When your fishing for the big ladies, no weak links allowed!  ;D

..............Lou

mo65

Ahh...sweet! I'll put it on the back of a surface plug for muskie/hybrid stripers. Thanks again Lou! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Decker

Hey, Mo, there is some resemblance between that bucktail and your beard.  :) Quite a bit of hair on that hook.

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Reinaard van der Vossen

I bet he's tying a MO-jig right now ;D

Reel 224

Mo: Try tying a swivel and adding a egg sinker between the jig and adding plastic or pork to it. Bass Killer!!

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."