If anyone needs 349H side plate assemblies or complete reels...

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, August 19, 2017, 11:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I have a few for sale.

ReelFishingProblems

Vintage Offshore Tackle

The prices for a complete used 349H begin at $35 for a reel that works, but I would rate as a 6 on a 10 scale.  An 8 would run around $50.

ReelFishingProblems

Do they still have the same gear set for a fast retrieve?

I know nothing about yoyo fishing, but since my inlaws live in big island Hawaii figure all styles are good for practicing (I.e. Buying gear for)

$50 reel sounds good

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Yes, all of the 349H and 349HC reels have 3.25:1 gears.  You should probably check with your family to see if this is a reel that would be good for the type of fishing that you would be doing there.  If you fill it with Spectra line, it would be an OK reel for trolling for medium size fish (ono, mahi, shibi, etc) or for bottom fishing for kahala, etc., but with the original heavy Penn spool, it is very difficult if not impossible to cast with this reel. 

Shipping to Hawaii would be $12.40 by Priority Mail with tracking.  Please talk with your family in Hawaii and then let me know if you want it.

Thank you,

Randy

jigmaster501

Randy,

Do you have any 349H reels left. I need one for my frame.

Eugene

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: jigmaster501 on August 25, 2017, 12:11:20 AM
Randy,

Do you have any 349H reels left. I need one for my frame.

Eugene

I do Eugene.  How nice are you looking for?

Thanks,

Randy

Tiddlerbasher

Randy I'm looking for just the outer rings for a 349H build.
The rings I have from the donor reel have got a couple of small splits in them, still quite usable but it's a new build ;D. The rest of the reel is good.

jigmaster501

Randy,

What are you price ranges for decent reels in good order?

Eugene