valiant 300

Started by sublime5991, August 03, 2017, 09:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sublime5991

hey guys. i have two boss valiant 300s one black one silver. since i've owned them the lever is very stiff going to and from free position no matter if you have the drag cranked up or backed all the way out there's no change.  i thought nothing of it until today my buddy had me order one for him and guess what. his is smooth entering and leaving the free position. any tips? thanks.

SoCalAngler

Maybe Accurate revised the detent on the cam of later reels. Personally I like a stronger move from free towards to engaged as the drag ramp up is very fast in most lever drag reels when you bump them past the free setting.

sublime5991

Quote from: SoCalAngler on August 04, 2017, 03:48:54 AM
Maybe Accurate revised the detent on the cam of later reels. Personally I like a stronger move from free towards to engaged as the drag ramp up is very fast in most lever drag reels when you bump them past the free setting.

i spoke with accurate and you're correct. they did revise the cam. i will be sending it out to them. i too also prefer a strongish movement how ever this one is so strong that you can't move it with just your thumb. tu need to hold the reel in one hand and use your other hand to move the lever. the one i got for my buddy is perfect. it has tension sliding it past free but it doesn't sound like a hammer going off inside the reel like my two do! 

coastal_dan

They have amazing customer service...my SR needed some updates and they took care of it free of charge.  I ended up selling the reel, but I'll never forget the fantastic service.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

SoCalAngler

I did hear about the revised cam from earlier models, but I would never speak for a manufacture. Accurate is pretty good with their numbering of reels to know when they were built. I bet when you get them back they will preform just like your friends, though they should be a little bit stiffer do to not being fished as much as the other reels.