Accurate 270

Started by ourford, March 29, 2017, 05:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ourford

Hello, new guy here, I've been getting info from this site for a while and I find it to be an invaluable resource. I want to thank everyone concerned for their generous assistance. I have an older Boss 270. It's probably very early as it has the very narrow foot with only 2 screws. It has the original handle which is straight, counter weighted and rather thin. It is corroded around the knob and counter weight holes to the point that I'm afraid it may fail soon. It does have the large rubber knob that I like and would retain. I was wondering if Alan has a blank for this model or if anyone knows what handles will fit it.
Vic

Bryan Young

I believe the jigmaster handle would fit that reel. Can you take a picture of the hug where the handle is secured two without the retaining nut?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

akfish

Yes, a Jigmaster handle -- 024 066 -- will fit.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

David Hall

And Alan does have handles that fit those I picked up a few of them.

ourford

Thanks Guys! You're right. I tried the handle off my Pro Gear 251 and it fits.
Vic

ourford

Thanks to all who answered and to Alan for supplying such a nice product for a very reasonable price. The old accurate is back in fighting trim and the handle is a definite improvement.

Vic

David Hall

The 270 is one of my most favorite reels.