Ambassadeur classic inshore vs revo inshore

Started by Surfwrangler, March 30, 2017, 03:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfwrangler

lets get a vote on it. who likes which and why. im in the market

Round reel.  Revo is a Johnny Morris is a Field and Stream is a Gander Mountain is a Lew's is a Pheluger is a Doyo.  Made in the same building just exited out a different back door.  Classic Inshore isnt made at least not for the US market.  Revo Inshore is on clearance awaiting its fourth generation redo and is basically discontinued until that new rendition comes out.  Look at the sticky posts on the Revo's including first gen. Inshores. Unimpressive part.... 

Surfwrangler

so you say definitely round reel eh.  i feel that there have been some improvements in design to the revo ie higher gear ratio and stronger drag. but if the components are not as well produced then that is sort of a mute point.  I think from what i can tell of the LP reels the Okuma Komodo SS is looking like a real winner but at $100 more than either a revo inshore or ambassadeur classic inshore is the juice worth the squeeze??? i like the look of that inshore classic for sure.  well i will have to wait to get rid of one of my set ups anyway before i pull the trigger. thanks for the input

I wanted to like the Revo, wouldn't mind having a lighter reel and love the idea of the fat eva foam grips.  I've had a 1st gen Premier, 1st gen STX, 1st gen SX, 3rd gen S.  I'm still tempted at the Inshore that FFO has on re conditioned clearance for $100 off retail.  But none of the ones I had felt durable or worth the money they cost me and I'm haunted by the threads on this forum showing the chewed up parts and corrosion.  I think for the same amount of money the Daiwa Tatula has better quality and features.

mikeysm

The abu round beast is the closest to a inshore reel. It is a little expensive but they have a lot of changes that adds to the durability. With a few changes it is a great reel. You just need to adjust the spool properly and leave it alone.