newell c540-4.6 dog springs

Started by garyboland, March 31, 2017, 12:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyboland

Does anyone have info on how can get, replace, or replicate dogs springs for my newell c540-4.6. Part # 3-315 I need two. thanks

Bryan Young

I really need to figure out how to make a jig to make these.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

reel man

Yes Bryan, we really need these.

Bryan Young

Quote from: reel man on March 31, 2017, 01:22:55 AM
Yes Bryan, we really need these.
Hey Jerry,

While we are not fishing in June, let's chat to see what parts we need so I can figure out how we can make something to accommodate the needed parts

Bryan

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

garyboland

bluefish69

Bryan

You know what part us NYers. want. We spoke about them when you were here.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Swami805

Last night while servicing my p322f the tip broke off my dog spring. Dejected, I turned to the auction site and saw them for the extra low price of 3 sawbucks and change. Woke up this morning and flipping around this site saw those fellas making reel part with files and hand tools.  So I rummage around and find a coil of wire from back in the olden days of wirering up tady iron for wahoo fishing. Had this stuff in a drawer for about 40 years figuring it might come in handy some day. So here's a few pics of the tools wire and what have you and the finished spring installed and ready to go.Anyway thanks to everyone for the inspiration, without which I Would have never considered attempting this. Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Awesome. Can you make me 50 please?

reel man

Those springs are a little problem area on the Newells, and would love to get 50 or more for my inventory.

Good idea Sheridan.

Keta

Quote from: reel man on April 08, 2017, 03:55:27 PM
Those springs are a little problem area on the Newells, and would love to get 50 or more for my inventory.

Good idea Sheridan.
And some washers?   The cutting order is still waiting at the cutter.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Quote from: Keta on April 08, 2017, 04:38:29 PM
Quote from: reel man on April 08, 2017, 03:55:27 PM

Good idea Sheridan.
And some washers?   The cutting order is still waiting at the cutter.
I still have washers available.

Handle washers are 0.5 mm thick. Spacers are 0.2 mm thick.

foakes

Yeah, we need more of these parts --  most of our Newell stashes are getting low...

There are a good number of Newells out there being fished -- since they are very capable and light reels -- which is the trend today.

Nice job on those springs, Sheridan!  Resourceful and innovative --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.