Acrylic's for JM, 4/0 & 6/0 the Big Dog

Started by STRIPER LOU, March 31, 2017, 11:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Hi All, just finishing up this Acrylic order. Thanks for your patience and I've been working every day to get the backlog reduced. All additional orders including the special orders should be finished by the end of next month.
I'll will be having a PT gentlemen joining me soon that will help with daily errands including tracking and shipping orders, ordering materials and taking care of customers on the days the shop is open. Hopefully this will give me a lot more machine time.

1st pic is a finished group of 6 knobs in the ribbon swirl pattern.

2nd pic is a closeup of the new 6/0 Big Dog w/ Adams highly polished handle and a blue swirl 4/0 size with Alan T's handle with polished finish. The 6/0 size is the first I've made for the larger reels. Went all out on this one, not only increasing the knob size, but increasing the tube/shaft by .062 and going with a larger screws for additional strength. This knob should easily handle a reel up too 9/0! Bill has been patiently waiting for these. I'm not sure which 6/0 he's putting it on but the 4/0 size is going on one of Ted's Blue Maxed Beauties!

3rd pic is for our resident reel technician from sunny Fla. (handi2)    2 reds and a blue which are going on Cortez plates. Keith was looking for knobs that would not overpower the reel size wise so these were slightly reduced.

4th is a beautiful greenie For Mizmo. I know she's been collecting parts for a while now and I believe they too are going along with Tom's plates.

I'm hoping everyone will post them up when their projects are completed!!!!

I have 3 new knobs in development. 2 of them will be Aluminum with Acrylic inserts. Hopefully the 3 samples will be ready in a few months. These will more than likely be available by special order only. Will keep you posted as it progresses. These will absolutely blow you away!! :o

Comments and criticisms always welcomed and appreciated.
Again, thanks for your orders and most of all your patience.

Have a great evening,  ..  Lou

Maxed Out

Magnificent work Lou !! I think each knob should come with a drooling towel as standard equipment  ;D ;D

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

sdlehr

Wow, Lou, those look great! I understand there is a airly long wait time, but please put me on the list for a red JM handle.
Thanks.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

ReelFishingProblems

Lou,

Whenever you get to them I would still love to have a blue 6/0 handle

Nick

Bryan Young

Love those polished arms as well. I gotta bust out my buffing wheels.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tiddlerbasher

Reel 224

Do I have to say "Nice Work"!! That would be an understatement! :o :o Lou you are a true craftsman.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

bill19803

Man oh  man   the  wait   was  worth it.  The master   strikes   again.  Id   say  all  are  works  of   art    and   ive been lucky  to    get the  first   6/0   and  first  4/0 for   womans  hand  (i think).  I think  im  gonna  have   to   get to  work on  the   6/0  and  get the   good  goodies   to  go  with that handle.Got the  tib   frame   and  red  spool   now   for the ss  parts. Thanks     again Lou   for  the masterpieces.

mizmo67

Yipee!

They are all beautiful, Lou.

Can't wait to see mine up close!
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

mo65

Can't wait to see everyone's creations...you da man Lou! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

otghoyt

Nice shape and insane colors with depth.  Wow! 

Can they be angle drilled for an offset mounting?

What's your ETA on a 4/0 red/black?

And what do your get for them?

Hoyt

gstours

Its very pretty for sure, you handle you job well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D   Now go fishing !