London Broil, Three Stepping It's Way on to My Plate

Started by ChileRelleno, April 09, 2017, 01:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Three Stepping London Broil

Two 3# London Broils marinated for eight hours in the marinade listed below.

Marinade
1C Water
1C Soy sauce
3T Fish sauce
3T Worcestershire sauce
1 medium white onion, chopped
1C Pineapple juice
1C Crushed Pineapple
3t Sugar

Smoke over Mesquite at 225'F until 120'F internal temp

Then on to a preheated 500'F+ grill and bring the IT to 135'F

Rest for 1/2 hour and slice thin across the grain

Baby Bok Choi with Onions, sauteed in Garlic oil, Soy sauce and Fish sauce

Fruit Salad, Lychee, Longan, Kiwi, Pineapple, Pecans and all drizzled in Honey

Money Shot

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

swill88

Ohh man! I just ate and now I'm hungry again.

Thanks!

Steve

conchydong

You never cease to amaze. I need to try that marinade. I remember years ago I had a similar one that didn't have the Worcestershire or fish sauce and I think had honey instead of sugar. I used it for a quick marinade for Dolphin or AJ on the grill.

That London Broil looks perfect. A very under rated cut of meat that is under utilized today.

Scott

bhale1

I've got to stop going to the recipe section in the morning! I haven't even started on my honey- do list for the day, and my stomach is already grumbling ;D
Oh well, the list can wait a bit, time to run down to the store for London broil and pineapple juice and pieces!
Brett

foakes

Our own Chile -- looks fabulous and delicious!

Chef de cuisine - Wikipedia

Food expert, kitchen planning and management skills. Chef de cuisine or executive chef is the main chef in a restaurant. The chef de cuisine is in charge of every other functional chef in the kitchen. This position is also known as grand chef, chef manager, head chef, or master chef

Well done!

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: swill88 on April 09, 2017, 02:20:24 AM
Ohh man! I just ate and now I'm hungry again.

Thanks!

Steve
You're welcome, and thank you.
Quote from: conchydong on April 09, 2017, 12:51:09 PM
You never cease to amaze. I need to try that marinade. I remember years ago I had a similar one that didn't have the Worcestershire or fish sauce and I think had honey instead of sugar. I used it for a quick marinade for Dolphin or AJ on the grill.

That London Broil looks perfect. A very under rated cut of meat that is under utilized today.

Scott
Yes'sir, under rated/utilized, but a great way to feed a bunch of people tasty steak on the cheap.

I fairly a newcomer to Fish Sauce but I loved it from day one, it's flavor and versatility is just off the charts.
I suggest anyone who cooks get well acquainted with it, it's not just for Asian cooking.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."