Nitrile Seals on Line-Roller Bearings

Started by farnorthlbg, April 09, 2017, 11:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farnorthlbg

Whats everyones opinion on injection moulded nitrile phosphour bronze removable shields on line roller bearings for the likes of the 2008-2013 Shimano Stellas.

I like the concept as they seal well compared to metal shields but sometimes it doesn matter how careful you are at removing them you get the odd one that you accidently pierce or tear or get a slight bend/warp in rendering it useless.

Im trying to find a supplier here in NZ for replacements but its proving difficult to locate for minature sizes.

And yes, I know I can just 'leave them off' or replace with a bearing with removeable shields.

Interested in others approach to these?

Cheers!...Jon

exp2000

Quote from: farnorthlbg on April 09, 2017, 11:12:30 PM
Whats everyones opinion on injection moulded nitrile phosphour bronze removable shields on line roller bearings for the likes of the 2008-2013 Shimano Stellas.

I like the concept as they seal well compared to metal shields but sometimes it doesn matter how careful you are at removing them you get the odd one that you accidently pierce or tear or get a slight bend/warp in rendering it useless.

Im trying to find a supplier here in NZ for replacements but its proving difficult to locate for minature sizes.

And yes, I know I can just 'leave them off' or replace with a bearing with removable shields.

Interested in others approach to these?

Cheers!...Jon

Being the most vulnerable bearing in a spinning reel, I think that a 2RS bearing is a good idea in this location.

Unfortunately my attempts to source a supply in popular sizes have not met with success.
~

farnorthlbg

Thanks for the reply Brett

My attempts to source replacement 2RS seals have come to a dead end

Oh well, will just have to stick to metal shields I geuss