Might catch a PB tomorrow

Started by biggiesmalls, April 11, 2017, 01:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Bass on the bed are a tough bite...usually all they'll strike is a threat to the nest. Take a real soft wiggly bait of some sort and drop it in the nest, and test your patience. How long can you stand there? After what seems an eternity(usually about 1 minute), just slightly wiggle that bait...and wait again. Good luck...bedding bass drive me crazy...it's an acquired skill. 8) 
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

biggiesmalls

I've gotta don a mask and snorkel and go out to find her nest, I can't see where it clearly is from the pipe - it's probably on or past the drop-off, though. Although she was sitting in that one spot guarding a patch of pads pretty heavily, maybe she just left for the day or something.

I'll be checking it out sometime again, sooner or later. I'm leaving out of town tomorrow, I Will see if I can get out there tonight.

wfjord

If you can see the fish, it probably sees you.  Try a junebug Zoom finesse worm on a shakey head, slow, from a different approach and also in the pads and around other areas of the pond. Be stealthy.

Rancanfish

I found a huge German Brown trout in a stream once, I tried for weeks to catch her. I could tell it was a female by how beautiful she was, and boy the attitude!

But I finally tricked her into picking up the lure of the moment. She carried it about 6 feet before I realized she had it. Then she spit it out.  I just said "Ok, you win".  That was as close as I got.  I caught dozens of smaller ones in there, but boy she just ignored me.

My personal best bass is 6lbs too.   I quit bass fishing when I discovered how hard saltwater rockfish pull when they grow to be the same 6lbs.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Gfish

If she didn't take a live bluegill, sounds like she's gonna be pert near impossible. Probably like you said, educated. Mabey line-shy? A pissed off charge at a fast moving intruder might do it...but what to use?
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

biggiesmalls

Well, she was chasing live bluegill around when I saw her - so I'm sure she will. She must not have been around when I was back out there or something. I'm gonna try a 12-pound fluorocarbon leader next time I go out just to be sure.

After that, it's just a matter of getting the bluegill to swim to the right place...