Wife says they have to go.

Started by xaf, April 12, 2017, 02:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelz

I've sold reels here, on eBay, and on local fishing forums. Thankfully, I never had a problem and have even made a nice profit on some. I use USPS Priority Mail boxes at reasonable rates which buyers pay. But rods, the shipping costs too much, so only local. Most reels I've sold have been in fantastic condition so buyers tend to be happy with them.

Rancanfish

Yes, I can vouch for NELZ!    8)
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

ez2cdave

Quote from: xaf on April 12, 2017, 02:39:04 AM
I probably have 30 - 40 rods and reels stashed here and there about the house and garage.  My wife (and my pocketbook) says I have to get  rid of some of them before I can buy or build any more.  I know I probably won't get what they are worth (some are high end products) but I don't want to just give them away either.  

So this leads to my main question, has anyone determined the best way/place (garage sale, marine flea market, e-bay, Craigs List, etc.) to sell good quality fishing gear at a fair price? I assume that it would be best to sell them locally so you don't have to deal with shipping costs. In case I would have to ship them is, there a standard as to who normally pays the shipping cost?  I guess I should add that I would like to do it fairly quickly.  I don't want to spend every weekend for the next year sitting in the drive way trying t get rid of them

Thanks, any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Where are you located ? That info would be helpful in suggesting the best route for you to take .

PS - Buyers pay for Shipping !

Tight Lines !

whalebreath

FWIW-I only sell at giveaway prices the gear flies out the door and there's no need to ever think about it again.