Aluminium side plate Inventory

Started by Gfish, April 12, 2017, 03:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Lookin for plates to fit a "new style" tib. 4/0, 113H frame. I'm a bit plate ignorant, but I assume that only the cortez conv. ones'll work, with this frame. Also, lookin for plates that'll work on a 114HL(Penn factory al. bars)and a 114HLW(factory 1/2 frame). Any brand, for any a these reels will do, as long as they're aluminium, cosmetic condition not an issue.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Cortez_Conversions

I'm dropping off another run at the anodizer today, probably be 2 weeks.
Silver, Red, Ice Blue and Green.
Thank you,
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Vintage Offshore Tackle

You are correct that the new style Cortez plates will work with the new style Tiburon 4/0 frames.  The only other place that I am aware of that will work are the old Lee Pro plates.  The only 6 / 0 aluminum plates that I know of are the accurate Accu plates.  

I am sorry to say that I do not any extra sets those side plates.  I do have a collection of complete 4 / 0 and 6 / 0 reels with all of the above aluminum side plates and matching aluminum frames.

I believe that Cortez will be producing another run of 4 / 0 plates in the not-too-distant future so you might want to check with Tom.

Thank you for giving me a shot at it. Good luck with your hunt.

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

jawjacker

Hi fellas quick question,are there side plates for the 114h available? And i have a Tiburon frame on my 114h what is considered a new style versus old style? I bought this114 used with the frame.and i don't know how to tell the difference, Thanks for your time and help.

Army_of_One

Quote from: jawjacker on September 20, 2017, 03:39:33 AM
Hi fellas quick question,are there side plates for the 114h available? And i have a Tiburon frame on my 114h what is considered a new style versus old style? I bought this114 used with the frame.and i don't know how to tell the difference, Thanks for your time and help.
I could be wrong, but I believe it's topless bar vs top bar.  The older ones being the topped version.
Another day in Paradise!

RowdyW

There are 3 versions. Wide top bar, Narrow top bar, & no top bar, in the order of age.