Newell 500 gear sleeve

Started by daddyhoit, April 14, 2017, 01:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyhoit

Does anyone know where I can get a stainless gear sleeve for a 500 series newell?

reel man

Unless there's a vendor out there producing ss gear sleeves, you won't find one from Newell.  They came in a brass alloy only, but they're very strong.

Brendan

Check Cortez Conversions. I have one on the way.
Tight lines, Brendan.

daddyhoit

Thanks Brendon ordered one today!!

Newell Nut

You will like it. Tom's sleeves are really well built. Try adding one of Adam's (motive fabrication) SS stars to it.

Cortez_Conversions

Thanks for the endorsements guys!
I do have sleeves for all Newell series reels in stock.
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Rancanfish

MY first thought was to point him to your site Tom,  but then I did a quick scan and only saw sleeves for the 200-400's.  Did I miss it somehow?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Rancanfish on April 15, 2017, 05:02:57 PM
MY first thought was to point him to your site Tom,  but then I did a quick scan and only saw sleeves for the 200-400's.  Did I miss it somehow?

There is a pull down menu that you can select from. Maybe the note about the 200/300/400 fitting the old 4 stack threw you off?
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Brendan

Mine arrived today. Went in with only minor grief due to old eyes. Product itself is great.
Thank you Tom.