Hello from El-Centro

Started by Steam, April 21, 2017, 04:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steam

Just wanted to say hello.  I have been following this forum off and on for about a year.  It is about time I registered!  I really enjoy surf fishing and fishing from piers. This site has helped me do a better job of servicing my reels. Hoping to learn more about the reels that I enjoy. I am also wanting to get into offshore  fishing, and this site is helpful in selecting tackle. Still learning how to use forum features, pictures etc.

Bryan Young

Welcome. I'm glad you have benefited from the site. Go to finally have you on board
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Welcome Aboard Steam,
You are in the right place. ;)
Life is Good!

Tiddlerbasher

ldoret94

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Aiala

Greetings, Steam! I'm just up the road in Palm Springs. Back in the day I used to fish the Salton Sea out of Red Hill, caught huge Corvina with my uncle who lived in Niland. (Too bad that fishery is gone. :-\ )

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

foakes

Welcome aboard, Steam --

What took you so long?

Best,

FRED
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bill B

Welcome Steam.  You are in my favorite area for dove hunting. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Steam

Thanks for all the greetings everyone!  I have wanted to join this forum for quite some time.  My hesitancy was that I couldn't figure out how I could actually contribute.  I have all the questions, very few answers.
  I have enjoyed fishing all my life but due to work and a lot of other responsibilities, I put it on the back burner.  My recreational interests include range time with my handguns and rifles, and I can enjoy those activities within 15 minutes of my home.  Surf fishing requires about a 2 hour drive into San Diego. But I am retired now! Much easier to find the time to fish!
 Oh, Bill, I haven't hunted doves for years, but I could take a limit most days in the back of our place! Neighbors would complain of the noise though!

Steam

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

steelfish

Welcome Steam,

Saying hello from San Felipe, Baja, 2hrs south the border with Calexico.

Saludos
The Baja Guy