It's all about the ingredients

Started by David Hall, April 22, 2017, 01:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

BBQ Poached Salmon in spicy sweet sauce.
Start with getting your grandchildren out of bed at 0500.  Load them in the truck and head out for to get your freshest ingredients.

David Hall

Tap the pic they turn right side up!
Load the kids on the boat and head out to your favorite fishing spot.  Drop your lines in and hook up a nice 11-12lb Wild King Salmon, don't catch the hatchery ones, just catch the wild ones.

David Hall

Don't be greedy one is enough for dinner tonight and there's always tomorrow!  (If you buy that I got a really nice bridge I'd like to sell).
Bring that fish home, filet, debone and prepare to marinade.
One of my favorite out of the bottle marinades is Wonnies Hot N Spicy Korean sauce.  It's good on Amy meat.
I combine one bottle with one can of coconut milk and a cup and a half of sweet Thai chili sauce, swish it all together pour it over the fish and let it soak for a couple hours.  Flip the fish every now and then to get both sides.  It's had the skin removed.

David Hall

Wrap the pan with heavy foil and tent over the fish.  Preheat the grill to 400 or so, I just put it on low and let it rip.  We will see what it looks like in 30 minutes.

David Hall

And the money shot.

swill88

Great stuff David!

Pretty grandkids too.

Thanks.

Steve

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

It's about the TLC during the prep and cooking.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

These are two of my seven most favorite young people in the world.  They come out with me every chance they get but they are extremely busy with their own lives so we don't get out together as often as I would like. 
Food and fishing is our favorte thing to do together.

foakes

And they will never forget the fishing trips with Grandpa...

The long term impact and importance is gigantic.

Good job, David!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mizmo67

Quote from: foakes on April 22, 2017, 06:07:04 AM
And they will never forget the fishing trips with Grandpa...

The long term impact and importance is gigantic.

Good job, David!

Best,

Fred

What Fred said!

Precious times :)
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com