help with ideas of where to pick up reels cheap please and afew other things.

Started by Rickb, April 23, 2017, 06:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez2cdave

Quote from: Rickb on April 23, 2017, 06:14:14 AMAside from eBay (don't have account or Paypal need one of the grandkids to set one up for me).
do you know other places online to pick up used reels fairly cheap to play I mean WORK on?

I live outside a small town in nowhereville Oklahoma and and at the present time wife isn't doing real well and I stay near house ,other wise might check out pawnshops in Tulsa but have to stick close

Personally, I like to cruise Flea Markets . . . Since you are in Oklahoma, this may be helpful !

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tulsa,+OK/@36.1522199,-96.0180935,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x87b692b8ddd12e8f:0xe76910c81bd96af7!8m2!3d36.1539816!4d-95.992775

http://fleamarketfinder.org/findFleaMarkets.php?state=OK    ( Click on the Name of the Flea Market )

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/oklahoma/flea-markets-ok/

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/oklahoma/2017-flea-markets-ok/

21st Street Flea Market    
   11666 E 21st St    
   Tulsa    
   Oklahoma    

Admiral Flea Market    
   9401 E Admiral Pl    
   Tulsa    
   Oklahoma    

Four Corner's Traders Post    
   1101 S 193rd E Ave    
   Tulsa    
   Oklahoma    

Great American Flea Market    
   9216 E Admiral Pl    
   Tulsa    
   Oklahoma    

Treasure Island Flea Market    
   7910 Charles Page Blvd    
   Tulsa    
   Oklahoma    

Tight Lines !

Rickb

Quote from: ez2cdave on April 25, 2017, 04:38:42 PM
Quote from: Rickb on April 23, 2017, 06:14:14 AMAside from eBay (don't have account or Paypal need one of the grandkids to set one up for me).
do you know other places online to pick up used reels fairly cheap to play I mean WORK on?

I live outside a small town in nowhereville Oklahoma and and at the present time wife isn't doing real well and I stay near house ,other wise might check out pawnshops in Tulsa but have to stick close

Personally, I like to cruise Flea Markets . . . Since you are in Oklahoma, this may be helpful !

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tulsa,+OK/@36.1522199,-96.0180935,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x87b692b8ddd12e8f:0xe76910c81bd96af7!8m2!3d36.1539816!4d-95.992775

http://fleamarketfinder.org/findFleaMarkets.php?state=OK    ( Click on the Name of the Flea Market )

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/oklahoma/flea-markets-ok/

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/oklahoma/2017-flea-markets-ok/

21st Street Flea Market    
   11666 E 21st St    
   Tulsa    
   Oklahoma    

Admiral Flea Market    
   9401 E Admiral Pl    
   Tulsa    
   Oklahoma    

Four Corner's Traders Post    
   1101 S 193rd E Ave    
   Tulsa    
   Oklahoma    

Great American Flea Market    
   9216 E Admiral Pl    
   Tulsa    
   Oklahoma    

Treasure Island Flea Market    
   7910 Charles Page Blvd    
   Tulsa    
   Oklahoma    

Tight Lines !

THanks for taking your time finding and posting this!
IN the past I have been to four of the five we been to the ones on admiral many many
   times.
But for right now I have to stick around the house and attend to wife
     RIck B

Rickb

Aside from bearing packer, pin pliers and reels any other items to get?
here is a photo ofwhat I have for supplies (if it shows up)

Rickb

Photo actually showed up. I learned a new trick😀And amazed myself!!!!
 Rick b

conchydong

If you have a particular reel in mind then post up here or other fishing forums as a "want to buy". Lots of us have some reels that we don't use and may want to part with.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ez2cdave

Quote from: Rickb on April 28, 2017, 12:22:22 AM

Pick up a couple of small, shallow pans . . . One to put parts in, during disassembly, and a second one to put parts in, after cleaning, prior to re-assembly.

Try to keep your parts "in order", as it makes re-assembly go so much smoother . . . Be sure to get a schematic, unless your are VERY familiar with whatever reel you're working on !

Tight Lines !

Rickb

if anyone buys an inflater kit to use on grease guns and the adapter that the needle valve screws into has the two holes in the side if it was like mine one of the holes seeps grease.(I trashed them )and then ordered the 17 piece accessory sets Campbell hausfeld and guess what they were the same way one hole leaked  ::)

I checked to see how deep the threads looked  I cut the adapter off below the holes ,needle valve still screwed in all the way(no leaks)
   I know I have different size 1/8 pipe nipples, reducers and couplings  and lots of brass fittings hidden very well somewhere in the garage LOL finally gave up looking for them
Did find a lot of other stuff in the cans ,buckets,boxes that I forgot I had :D

Quote from: ez2cdave on April 28, 2017, 01:36:54 AM
Quote from: Rickb on April 28, 2017, 12:22:22 AM

Pick up a couple of small, shallow pans . . . One to put parts in, during disassembly, and a second one to put parts in, after cleaning, prior to re-assembly.

Try to keep your parts "in order", as it make re-assebly go so much smoother . . . Be sure to get a schematic, unless your are VERY familiar with whatever reel you're working on !

Tight Lines !
I hear ya loud and clear!   I learned half a century ago after tearing a few down that ended up parts in a bag or can.
  To stop that I made sure I had sets of the same reels thinking that would help,tore down three out of four once before I figured out what was wrong! LOL

philaroman

1) get a digital camera that connects to computer & take plenty photos as you disassemble -- esp. for no schematic, or crappy old schematic

2) save your egg crates for disassembly of smaller reels that are reasonably clean (no soak needed)

it's a good way to reassemble in reverse order

Rickb

I'm  the proud owner of the brass bearing packers! They are very nice!!!
And today got my official AT wrench, (the first one was sent with bearing packer but
box busted open enough to lose it by post office)
  I made two different pin pliers, and bought other random tools
Grabbed a makita MAC700  air compressor
And have two power screwdrivers,
    I haven't decided on the ultrasonic cleaner, Is a 1 1/2 gallon size big enough for let's say doing 9/0s or bigger?
I don't know what size to get but bet I end up with one.
How many reels do you need before it's worth having?
  Thanks

ez2cdave

oc1

The thing about a large sonic cleaner is the amount of solution it takes to run it.  Making up a gallon or two of Simple Green is not too bad, but a gallon or two of naphtha would get expensive.  You might end up putting parts in a small jar of solution and putting the jar inside the sonic cleaner filled with plain water.  This is not to say that 1.5 gallon is not the right size for you, just something else to think about.
-steve

ez2cdave

Quote from: oc1 on May 22, 2017, 09:25:59 AMYou might end up putting parts in a small jar of solution and putting the jar inside the sonic cleaner filled with plain water. 
-steve

Steve,

That is a very interesting idea !

Tight Lines !

oc1

You can thank Fred for that one Dave.

I have small reels and a small sonic cleaner; maybe a pint.  But still put stuff in jars.

-steve

Rickb

I haven't decided on a size of ultrasonic yet planned on using containers in it like Fred.
For now it's a new hobby ;D and I have spent a lot more than wife knows....
  Ordered some parts from  pennpartscotts yesterday drag sets washers and made sure I got 15-20 of different screws and springs ect and other random parts from eBay and have  been bidding on a few reels

I have been degreasing,cleaning parts first in gas then in Coleman lantern fuel and than in a container of dawn dish soap with hot water and scrub with brush if necessary it seems to work but it takes awhile
  Rick