perch and stripers at cayucos!

Started by alantani, April 24, 2017, 04:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

it's nothing like a near death experience (more on that later in the week) to help put things in a little perspective.  ed decided that i work to hard and that i needed to go fishing.  he also checked the tides and said that the evening tides were perfect in cayucos last night, so we headed down yesterday afternoon and caught the evening tide.  daughter allison and nephew richie also joined us.  eddie likes to fish "old school." 

so that's how we rolled!  check it out.  a dozen nice perch, one legal striper and a bunch of shorts. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

thorhammer

Bryan Young

Sweet!

Eddie is the "Master" perch fisherman. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Cor

Good fun!   Nice sunset picture.

Cornelis

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Gfish

Yeah, it's that time a year in Calie. That's where Cayucos is, right? Even the reef fishing's pickin up here, got my dinner meat choice meat tonight: gray snapper or skipjack.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

Good day fishing makes life great  :)

theswimmer

Love the video Ed !
Some great tips there for fishing the Central Coast.
Best,
Jonathan
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

foakes

My family has surf fished the Central Coast from San Simeon South to Cayucos for many years.

Although my Dad surf fished -- he caught very little, probably because he did not use Ed's techniques.    

He used to use sand crabs we dug up.

However, he tried for many years --

I have plenty of gear, sinkers, hooks -- think this is something we need to get into this year.

But I have never surf fished.

Between Ed and Jonathan -- I think I might be able to catch a few and learn in the process.

This picture in the lower left is my Grandma Lena in 1955 -- catching a Perch at San Simeon at age 71.

I was just 3 -- but somehow I remember that event and Dad taking the pic with an old flip up Camera.

She was born in Wellington, Ohio -- came to the West Coast in a Wagon train at 5 -- married my grandfather who was a foreman for one of the string of Hearst Cattle ranches up and down the Coast Ranges.  Raised 6 boys.  Taught me everything important in life -- except how to surf fish!

Thanks for the great tips, Ed!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Big Tim

I have seen that video a dozen times and each time I remember something new...I've been drinking, you don't want to be butt #### cold& you can watch your kids reel in fish while your'e drinking beer  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I will watch it again  ;D BT