Navarre 2017

Started by Shark Hunter, April 24, 2017, 01:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Glad to hear you and the family had a good time Daron, the shark will need to wait a little longer...no biggie.

Vacationing at Sanibel a while back, I was amazed to see how well of a job they do, to make sure the turtles are not bothered in any way.
Beach lights go out early in the evening, not to disturb them as they come in to lay the eggs.
Leatherbacks are some amazing creatures.

I'm glad your back safe.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

Just think about it, when you catch "That Shark" it will have grown bigGER.  ;D ;D                                        Rudy

Army_of_One

I'm glad you made it home safe.  You left and the panhandle went to Hell.  Sorry we couldn't get you a shark.  I was sure the fear I had kayaking out the bait would draw them in.  ;)  We look forward to having you back, so stay safe and keep your arsenal ready!
Another day in Paradise!

swill88

Daron, could you just break out a rocket? or a drone?

Bait delivery systems might be a nice business.

That water looks like a lot of exercise.

Steve

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 18, 2017, 09:09:21 PM
Kayaking might be a challenge this evening. :o
3 to four footers 10' apart.

Shark Hunter

There was only one bait delivery system I needed on this trip.
Its Name was Robin. ;D The Guy is a Kayaking Machine.
That last night, The waves got to about 5 foot out on the first bar.
He was hell bent to try it. I wouldn't let him.
The waves and current were so bad, I made one cast with My Fin Nor LT-100 and an 8 oz claw weight.
It was back on the beach in less than a minute.
Even if he did make it past the waves, the sea grass would have pulled it right back.
It was a no win situation.
If that Kayak gets flipped end over end, You have major things to worry about. The Kayak could hit you on the head and knock you out, You could get hooked with the main line still attached to the Kayak. Then you would have a human sized bait with a giant bobber. Plus it is Dark.
You have to keep your head and make the right decision. I always break a glow stick and tie it on the back of my life jacket. If its going to be a long drop, I tie another to the back of the Kayak.
My Goal is to make it back home in one piece with no one getting hurt and nothing breaking down. That is a success every time in my book. ;)
I've never seen the grass that bad this early in the season.
There is no other way to get a bait out that far, when it weighs a couple pounds.
It would take a small craft like a Zodiac or a Jet Ski to do it any more efficiently.
All of our gear has to be carried to the beach by hand. Then bait paddled out.
Its a lot of work, but you have to be half crazy to try this anyway.
The year isn't over yet. >:(
Life is Good!

Rickb

hopefully next time it's perfect conditions and nothing but the big boys are hungry!!!!!!

Shark Hunter

The Big Boys are always Hungry Rick.
We just didn't cross paths.
The Ocean is a Big Place.
Especially the Gulf, where all kinds of marine life come together.
I am just a tiny grasshopper looking for a giant. ;)
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Glad you made it home brother!! There's next time...that's a nice looking meast you got on the grill!

Shark Hunter

That Grill was a rusted piece of Junk.
I can Grill on anything, even if it is only a fire and a grate.
There was a 12" hole in the center of the bottom.
I bought a cheap aluminum pan to hold the Charcoal and grilled 1" thick ribeyes and baked potatoes on that rust bucket a few times.
The top grate was in good condition.
That was all I needed. ;)
I grilled out the same last night and it was a lot easier on My $100 Charbroil gas grill.
It is only the second grill I have ever owned.
Charbroils are made of Aluminum and never rust out. You just have to give them a tune up now and then.
Life is Good!