Navarre 2017

Started by Shark Hunter, April 24, 2017, 01:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beaveer424

hey our bait shop is about 30 mins from Navarre if you have time come check it out 4400 avalon blvd milton fl 32583

Shark Hunter

Quote from: mo65 on April 25, 2017, 01:56:32 PM
  Daron, I'm going to show my ignorance of shark fishin' by asking a question. How do you get the bait out there? I can't see someone chunkin' a 12/0 Senator! :D Maybe similar to how some folks here catfish...they take the bait/line out in a kayak or rowboat. Sure sounds like a blast...one of these days I need to try it. 8)
I have to haul this piece of gear too mo.

Life is Good!

Benni3

That's a nice set up  ;D

Bill B

Good luck brother Daron....any Everoll's going on this trip?   Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shark Hunter

I'm still kicking that thought around. ;)
Life is Good!

steelhead_killer

So pics of the arsenal?  What is going to the beach?  Good luck and tight lines!

Andy
><)))">

Rare

No pier fishing for kings or cobia?  ;D

Shark Hunter

Quote from: foakes on April 25, 2017, 02:43:25 PM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 25, 2017, 02:14:13 AM
It is Vacation and anything more than that is just a bonus.
White Sand and Cold Beer!
And Hopefully a 10 footer. ;)

Is there any particular order to your (3) things?

You and your family have a great time, Daron.

You all deserve it.

Best,

Fred
We will Fred and Thank You.
The White sand is first, Then the cold beer to dull my senses so I can paddle 300 yards into shark infested waters with a bloody bait dripping out the back, Then a 10 footer if it all comes together. That will sober you up pretty quick.
Quote from: jason_purdy on April 25, 2017, 01:13:39 AM
Daron,

That's my home water-can't wait for a report! Navarrebeachlife.com is a great webcam for surf conditions and pensacolafishingforum.com is a quality local board. Keith (handi2) and Pompano Joe are locals too. You probably know all of this already but just in case  ;) Good luck and tight lines!

-Jason
Jason,
I haven't met Joe in person, but his legend precedes him.
I know Keith very well, and those websites.
If you are local, why don't you stop by one evening.
Quote from: Rare on April 26, 2017, 02:53:14 AM
No pier fishing for kings or cobia?  ;D
No pier fishing for me.
I will walk right out of my condo onto the beach at about 7 pm when everyone clears out and stake my claim for the evening.
It is a lot less crowded.
Andy,
I will make my choices on the Arsenal this coming weekend.
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Good luck Daron, looking forward to the follow up photos and stories.  Here's a toast to the 10 footer.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

oc1

Best of luck finding the big beasts and avoiding the tiny no-see-ums.  They can both make you crazy.
-steve

Shark Hunter

I am well prepared for both Steve.
I even broke down and got me a full head screen boonie hat.
No Bugs are going to run me off the Beach this time.
If they are biters, I will don Jeans and a long sleeve shirt with the full face screen and gloves.
I have learned that some of the night time Biting bugs in Florida are immune to 30% deet. They swim in it and bite you anyway.
They come in swarms and get in your ears and nose.
Usually late at night with a breeze blowing, it brings them out of the dunes looking for a bite.
If My Wife is with me, this will send her running back to the condo. I mean a total swarm. Hundreds, if not thousands of bugs going up and down your fishing pole, crawling all over you, trying to find whatever they are looking for covering everything.
I try to wait them out. It depends on how much beer I have left, and If I am alone or not, and what time it is.
Since I am the only person left, they swarm me, bite me, and worst of all, they try to get in my beer.
I just drink it down and wait for them to leave. They will if it is just a swarm.
I just jump in the pool on my way back to the room to rid me of these pests.
Then wash my reels down in the outside shower, and wait for tomorrow evening to try it again.
There will be no Crazy. Unless I get that 10 footer.
Then I will do a little Crazy Dance.
If I don't. Life goes on.
My annual Vacation is all that keeps me sane.
That, and a few beers after work.
I thank you all for the well wishes.
I just want to relax on the sand and put a few Sharks on it for a brief moment, and then send them on their way.
Bugs and Beasts are my relaxation. ;)
Life is Good!

oc1

Sometimes the Avon Skin-So-Soft bath oil will repel sand gnats when DEET will not.  Big fat stogies help repel too and make you smell like a big fat stogie rather then bath oil.
-steve

doradoben

I hope that you and the family have a good time, Daron.

Swami805

Enjoy your vacation Daron,hope you hang a few.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

humboldtdan

They are keying in on the CO2 which is why they like your beer.  Drink whiskey instead, lol.