Navarre 2017

Started by Shark Hunter, April 24, 2017, 01:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Mr. Shark, have you tried the fabric softener sheet trick? (Bounce) I have no idea if it works, but Google turns up a lot of anecdotal evidence. At least it's inexpensive to try...  8)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Aiala,
The biting flies and bugs that come out of the dunes are almost like mutants.
They are immune to any kind of spray repellant.
You also have to be careful with deet, because it attacks plastic.
I will try the fabric sheet, anyway just to see. Gnats really aren't a problem.
The bugs that attack are usually bigger than a Gnat.
One stretch of Beach I fish in the Bay when the surf is too rough, is pretty Narrow.
They come out of the tall grass at night and bite the piss out of you.
I'm going to try a new trick if I decide to go there again and use a fogger.
A big can that you spray around the perimeter.
I have used it at home before a party, when the mosquitos were bad and it worked great.
I think with the face net and the full clothing, I will be ready.
It gets kind of cool in Early May on the Beach at night anyway.
Life is Good!

Aiala

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 28, 2017, 03:52:26 AM
Aiala, The biting flies and bugs that come out of the dunes are almost like mutants. They are immune to any kind of spray repellent.

Lawd have mercy, Mr. Shark! You are one tough hombre to endure that.  :P  I wouldn't be able to stand it; luckily, on my long-range trips there's zero chance of being bugged... the little horrors don't like it 100 miles out at sea.  ::)

~A~

foakes

Good luck, Daron --

We are all pulling for you to beach a couple of big ones.

Would something like this tent be possible? -- or too much hassle?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

FatTuna

Daron, I was just reading one of your other posts about your kayak. Do you have a cart for it?

conchydong

It doesn't matter if the beast shows up or not. It is the time spent with mother nature and getting away from the hustle and bustle of daily life that matters. Having said that, if you do have a chance to play tug of war with a monster than that makes it all the better.
Hope you have a great vacation.

Scott

handi2

Daron its been blowing up to 30mph the last few days. I'm sure it will be nice when your here.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Cone

Daron, Let me know what brand of cold beverage you have a taste for. I'll ice some down and deliver them. I hope you get the monster of your dreams on the beach!    Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

ChileRelleno

Daron, I'm still hoping to get over there a night or two and see if I can bring some 'Local Luck' your way.
See if I can put another shark in your hands.

10' footer?  Quit thinking small, we've a 11'5" Hammer to beat, you need a 12' footer.  8)
Something to challenge those monster reels of yours... Of course they wouldn't challenge the Everols, but they'd make you remember them well.

If I don't make it over, I wish you safety and luck.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Mjg378

Good luck and looking forward to your report!

Rickb

Daron
  Hoping this is your year for the mega shark! catch a few for me while your at it!
be sure to get lots and lots of photos I can't wait to see them.

I fished where the flys ,mosquitos and what they said were fleas in the sand ate me up ,
40%deet didn't work I had lots of fun

rick

twotone

Hook'em up and enjoy the salt.
twotone

Shark Hunter

Quote from: FatTuna on April 29, 2017, 10:17:17 PM
Daron, I was just reading one of your other posts about your kayak. Do you have a cart for it?

No,
I had one, but it was more hassle than it was worth.
I have to carry my Kayak up and down some steps and then, I'm on the sand.
My gateway to Paradise! ;)
There are Monsters out there.
Trust me. 8)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Andy,
You asked for pics of the Arsenal.
Here you go.
14 and 12/0 with all the goods.
A 114H for the trot line.
An LT 100 and the Godfather.
Maybe another spinner, but that is a lot of hardware,
This thread is already three pages long,
I hope I put some fish on the beach.

Life is Good!

Aiala

Incredible gear...!  :o  I'm curious, Mr. Shark: What sort of sand spike can take the weight of something like the Godfather?  ???

~A~