Shimano spool

Started by artherm, April 25, 2017, 11:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artherm

I lost the spool for my Sidestab 1000 today. I was able to retrieve the spool from the lake, but I lost the end button retainer, button and spring. Does anyone know where I can get these parts or a new spool? The parts lists shows part #7090 for the complete spool. Thank you.

foakes

Appreciate a photo -- then I can look to see if one might be in the bins.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

philaroman

sounds like you may need more parts...  going by my older reels, it's:

button, cover, retainer spring, 2 washers

99% sure these would work:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SHIMANO-SPINNING-REEL-PART-RD2909-Sidestab-1000R-Spool-Assembly-/291907472974?hash=item43f70a8e4e:g:QcUAAOSw8gVX~Tqa

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHIMANO-AERO-1000-SPINNING-REEL-SPOOL-Rear-Drag-Mod-SR-SO-SC-SY-SI-NOS-/232190068528?hash=item360f9b4730:g:LkEAAOSwo4pYZXu2

Fred,

if you have the really old short Shimano 1000/2000 rear-drag spools, all the "innards" should be compatible, even though the spools are not & the cover looks different on top

artherm

Thank you for all your ideas and posts. 

foakes

Here are some new completes that should work --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

philaroman

yup, those three black graphite spools (top photo front/ctr.) will do the trick & Fred is kinder/gentler than fleaBay...  you can move the innards to your aluminum spool (note parts order -- it's not shown on schematic)

Fred,

is that bigger aluminum push-button to the left of them (bottom photo front/ctr.) 2000 or 2500?

foakes

2000, Roman --

If you need it -- let me know, it is new and complete.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.