needed red hypolon or eva grip material

Started by bill19803, April 26, 2017, 06:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill19803

Looked  all  over      cant    find   any  RED    grip  material    anywhere.   Does   anyone  have  a   source?  need   at least     1/2 inch    id total length   2  pieces    at  least   18 inches.

Bryan Young

I think Ted has a source as he will have them for his handle grips.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

The Fishing Hobby

I have made my own rings out of EVA foam yoga blocks. I checked online, they are available in red. If you are looking for premade grips I can't help you out there. Never tried to make a full grip out of EVA.
Here is an example of the rings I made on a butt section. My rod building is strictly amature hour stuff  ;D

jurelometer

Red hypalon up to 16 in  with .5 ID:   http://www.anglersworkshop.com/Red-Straight-Hypalon-Grips

Not clear if you needed 18 in total, or one section at least 18 in.

I've had good luck with Angler's workshop.

The other option is to check with  our own Jon Vadney  in the "Jon Vadney" sub-forum under fishing rods.   In addition to building rods, he sells components, and will also provide some good advice if needed.   He helped me out big time on getting dialed in on a rod building project.

-J

bill19803

anglers   workshop used  to have  some.  they  now belong  to me.  Thanks   for   your  help  Seems  like    red is becoming  nonobtanium    so i   got   enough  to last  me. (5.5   ft)
Beginning  to  wonder  about  me and  my  choice  of  fishing   stuff   first it  was mustad hooks   94150 10/0    gone   then    94150    9/0   gone( I loaded  up  first)  then  calstar  blanks    got   scarce  then  hypalon  was   gone . then  aftco   seats   went thru the  roof.
Glad im not  trying  to build   for  sale   id  tear  my hair out.

diamonddave

Mud hole .com has red hypalon in straight 24 inch lengths from 10 bucks. just found in their catalog. good service and if you call they will always help. Dave