alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Daiwa 1000X Upgrades From 1 to 3 Bearings, From Clicker to Silent A/R
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 09, 2018, 01:32:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daiwa 1000X Upgrades From 1 to 3 Bearings, From Clicker to Silent A/R  (Read 1164 times)
The Fishing Hobby

« on: April 26, 2017, 10:03:08 PM »

Just thought I would do another video for my channel and share it here. I hope someone might find it useful!
The 1000X is one of my favorites. They can be had for good prices usually and they were well built aluminum body/rotor reels.
Anyway, here are the upgrades:

The Fishing Hobby

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 10:04:51 PM »

Full disclosure...I had already done these upgrades but I always label and save my old parts...so I put everything back to stock and did the upgrades again for the video  Grin
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 04:38:11 AM »

Excellent, Kevin --

And very well done as well as understandable.

Best,

Fred

“Of course, now I am too old to be much of a fisherman, and now of course I usually fish the big waters alone, although some friends think I shouldn’t. Like many fly fishermen in western Montana where the summer days are almost Arctic in length, I often do not start fishing until the cool of the evening.

Then in the Arctic half-light of the canyon, all existence fades to a being with my soul and memories and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River and a four-count rhythm and the hope that a fish will rise.

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world’s great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

I am haunted by waters.”

― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It
The Fishing Hobby

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 05:31:30 AM »

Thanks!
thorhammer

"You can't drank all day if you don't start..."

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 05:48:53 AM »

Hey I have one of those I bought for $5 at yard sale, knowing it was a better reel than a $30 plastic wallyworld special. GREAAAATTT now I'm gonna have to start upgrading spinners....and there are totes and totes of them...
The Fishing Hobby

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 06:33:27 AM »

I would like to see some of your stash if you start working on them! I order a lot of reels from eBay and I never know just what I am getting exactly until I have it in my hands. I would love to see some posts where people go through their older reels and tell a little about what they like and dislike about them. It would probably help a lot of people out in the future. I just ordered a Roddy 820A from an eBay seller. It looks like the sort of reel I would like but there wasn't a lot of information about them that I could find online. A forum like this is a great place to get more information out about a wide variety of spinners. I will post ones as I work on them. Here is the reel I ordered. As far as I can tell it is a smaller worm gear drive model. That is a great starting point for a nice reel.

* IMG_20170427_092812.jpg (72.08 KB, 720x760 - viewed 85 times.)
Chuck750ss

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 08:38:11 AM »

I would like to see some of your stash if you start working on them! I order a lot of reels from eBay and I never know just what I am getting exactly until I have it in my hands. I would love to see some posts where people go through their older reels and tell a little about what they like and dislike about them. It would probably help a lot of people out in the future. I just ordered a Roddy 820A from an eBay seller. It looks like the sort of reel I would like but there wasn't a lot of information about them that I could find online. A forum like this is a great place to get more information out about a wide variety of spinners. I will post ones as I work on them. Here is the reel I ordered. As far as I can tell it is a smaller worm gear drive model. That is a great starting point for a nice reel.

Just read this post. Been looking at the same Roddy wondering how well they are built. You tear yours down?
The Fishing Hobby

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 01:13:01 PM »

I did and I don't really like it much honestly. There are others that are made much better out there.
handi2
Sensei

OCD Reel Service and Repair

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 03:32:57 PM »

Great video. When i get reels like that its a given that they get bearings. Neat trick on the anti reverse.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL
Chuck750ss

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 03:47:29 PM »

I did and I don't really like it much honestly. There are others that are made much better out there.

Thanks. I looked at parts listed for this reel on eBay and did not really care for what I saw.
IOU. You probably saved me about 20 bucks. Smiley
The Fishing Hobby

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 04:35:41 PM »

No problem! I can highly recommend the Shakespeare 2062...similar size and very well made, still has worm drive/pinion gear setup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: