passing of a Ohana farourite Son

Started by Donnyboat, April 28, 2017, 12:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Yes, a sad day, indeed. Although I never met Wallace, we had a friendship that was truly special to me. When Nancy informed me of his passing this morning, I was sad to know that we lost such a terrific man and a cherished member of this family. I am comforted to know that he is no longer suffering. I will miss our weekly conversations and his wonderful sense of humor. Wallace was truly one of the brightest guys I have come to know and I learned a lot from him. My biggest regret is not making his wish for me, Dominick, and Justin to share a boat trip with him. Who knows...maybe someday when we meet again? I am sharing a picture of Wallace at what he did best. Rest in Peace, good buddy! You will be sorely missed.

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Sincere condolences to Wallace's loved ones.

He will be missed around here. I always enjoyed reading his input on any topic.

Don, thank you for posting. It must have been a very tough thing to do. May he rest in peace and catch lots of fish in the big pond in the sky !!!

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bill B

Words escape me right now.....Rest my Brother.....you are sorely missed....Bill and Family
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shark Hunter

That was very well said Sal.
He was definitely a friend and a very smart man.
His spinfisher drag washer set up should have been patented.
Donny, I forgot to thank you, It must be tough for you losing a close friend.
He will not soon be forgotten.
Best wishes and condolences to Liz and the Brown family from all of us,
Daron
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

Very sad news to receive the day you pull in to port!
Wallace, my friend. Rest in peace.
We will pray ceaselessly for your family, your friends and the Ohana here who will miss you terribly.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Zimbass

Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

MHDSRIP.

Terry.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

swill88

So sad...

We all will get there and will leave the ones we love.

Thanks for the news.

Steve

Tiddlerbasher

Goodbye Wallace you will be missed. Condolences to Elizabeth and family :(

Donnyboat

thank you all for you condoleces and kind word, I will be home in about a week, I will print all of your replies and give them to Elizebeth and family, Pat and I are in Geraldton 300 Miles north of Perth, the capital of Western Australia, had a good days fishing today, 3 blue bone Grouper, the biggest 63 cms, 1 dhu fish 68 cms, 1 snapper, 75 cms, this gave us our boat limit for demersible fish today, pat and I try to have a months fishing up here in the Autumn, and another month in the spring, before the demersible season closes  on October 15 each year. has been very windy this year with large swells, so far, limiting our time on the water, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Bryan Young

Sad day indeed. He is one funny and witty guy. Fun talking with him on Skype. God bless his family and friends. Deep condolences.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

theswimmer

One truly funny dude. His posts were always good for a belly laugh.
Our deepest sympathy to his family , prayers headed their way.
Best,
Jonathan and Miss Mari
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Shark Hunter

Donny,
Did you give Liz our replies?
I hope she is doing Ok considering the circumstances.
Every time I talked to him, I told him to give Liz a kiss from me.
You can tell when someone really touches you, like he is right there, but I never met him face to face.
I miss Wallace. He was a Good Man. :'(
Life is Good!

Dominick

I am just catching up on past posts and came across this.  I am truly sorry to hear about Wallace's death.  I could not reach him for a while but did not know he was sick.  Rest in peace my friend I will miss you.  Don please pass on my condolences to Liz.  If you have a telephone No. and an address for the family will you pass it on to me.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

Sad news indeed.  Although I didn't know Wallace well, I learned a great deal from his valuable contributions to the site, and know everone spoke well of him.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Donnyboat

Hi every one, thanks for all your kind words of Wallace, Daren, I have printed all of your replies, was supposed to catch up with Elizabeth today, her grandaughter was supposed to bring her to our Place for lunch, but grandaughter, is having car trouble, so maybe I will be up there later this week, Dom I will try to PM you with the phone Number, thanks again every one,  I have some photo of some trophies wallace won, when he was fishing on the east coast, when I up date my computer I will try to post them here. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat