passing of a Ohana farourite Son

Started by Donnyboat, April 28, 2017, 12:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhc

G'day Don, if you want to email the photos to me I'll post them here for you.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Dominick

Don, I read somewhere that "one does not die until the last person that knew him dies."  That precept touched me deeply.  Liz should know that there are many people around the world through this site and Wallace's travels that Wallace lives profoundly in the hearts and memories of many.  May he rest in peace I'll miss him but won't forget him.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Geez, Just saw this sad thread, and wanted to say that what I knew of Wallace was his humor and talent.  They will both be missed by me and many others here.
My condolences to Wallace's family,
Dom

redsetta

Don, thanks for posting this.
I'd been trying to contact Wallace, as I'd not seen this.
I'm at a loss really.
Please pass on my condolences to Liz and family.
When he went downhill again a year or so ago, I built him a 'Sal Special' Tank so he'd have something to look forward to when he got back out on the water.
I knew the prognosis was rough, but he always took it in his stride and pushed on, so I always had faith he'd get through it.
We were talking about a tarpon trip Stateside with Dominick and Sal only a few months ago.
He was truly a unique individual and a good friend.
He also had an unsurpassed capacity for selflessness and humour in the darkest of hours.
I miss ya Wallace - rest in peace mate.
Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Quote from: redsetta on May 31, 2017, 08:51:42 PM
Don, thanks for posting this.
I'd been trying to contact Wallace, as I'd not seen this.
I'm at a loss really.
Please pass on my condolences to Liz and family.
When he went downhill again a year or so ago, I built him a 'Sal Special' Tank so he'd have something to look forward to when he got back out on the water.
I knew the prognosis was rough, but he always took it in his stride and pushed on, so I always had faith he'd get through it.
We were talking about a tarpon trip Stateside with Dominick and Sal only a few months ago.
He was truly a unique individual and a good friend.
He also had an unsurpassed capacity for selflessness and humour in the darkest of hours.
I miss ya Wallace - rest in peace mate.
Justin
Sorry Justin, I thought you were aware. I should have contacted you.
As you, I've had many conversations with Wallace,  your name used to always pop up.
I miss that man.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

conchydong

I also missed the original post. Condolences to his family. He was a longtime member with great information. He will be missed.

redsetta

Thanks Sal.
Sorry for your loss too.
'Ohana - it means family'
All the best mate, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

borchcl

Sad to see this post. Sympathies to his family and loved ones. He will be missed.
Regards,
Charlie 

Donnyboat

A photo of Wallace and Elizabeth with Wal's fishing trophies 1996. First photo just above Elizabeth's head Club Champion, top left Open Champion, centre top Most Meritorious Capture 1996, top right Highest points 409-9, and then the very top Land Based Champion 1996. Cheers Don. Trying to post this by inserting image code from Photobucket, hope it works.

Don, or donnyboat

Shark Hunter

It worked Great Don.
That is a Younger Wallace and Liz I haven't seen before.
I hope she is doing well.
Daron
Life is Good!

Donnyboat

Thank Daron, this picture although not very clear, is of a dedicated fisho, Wallace  fishing in the middle of a cyclone, keen man, cheers Don.

Don, or donnyboat

mhc

Thanks for posting these Don - looks like '96 was a good year for Wallace.
Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Donnyboat

Yes Mike, considering he would have been about, 60 plus years old then, and keen enough to fish in the middle of a cyclone, I will get some more pictures up soon, before I forget how to post them, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Alto Mare

Beautiful picture of Wallace with Elizabeth. I just downloaded to my album.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Donnyboat

Wallace Brown 1997 Caught this 27kg Hammerhead Shark on 8kg test line. Cheers Don.

Don, or donnyboat