Calstar Grafighter 700m

Started by Fishy247, April 29, 2017, 04:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy247

Finally getting around to posting this...lol. So I got my girlfriend this blank and wrapped it for her for her birthday/Christmas. She needed something a little more appropriate for the Avet SX Raptor that I had gotten her for the previous Christmas. I don't really have to time to work on rods much during the week, so this was a weekends-only project...turns out it took pretty much ALL of my weekends this winter! Haha...Oh well, I'm pretty stoked on how it turned out. The purple ALPS reel seat matches not only her Raptor, but also the guide underwraps . (Thanks John for the color match help!)

For the little starfish guy, I did a rough sketch and transferred it over to graph paper for a weave layout. I didn't bother creating a left list...(Who needs that? I've got the drawing! No problem, right?)  HA! It's about 3/4 inch long with 2 colors and took me about 8 hours to complete! I think I'll just make left lists for any future drawings....lol.

Thanks for looking!
Mike

Bryan Young

That's a cool star.

I print by drawings on graph paper and then design my threads. I think there's a program that does all of it for you, including thread part numbers.

Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Fishy247

Thanks Bryan! Yeah, there is a program for that, but I just can't justify the cost, given how many weaves I actually do...Maybe someday down the line I'll get it though.  ;D

Mike

Bryan Young

I used to love doing weaves. I could spend hours doing weaves.  I weaved my sister's name in old English font. Her first letter took me at least 9 hours to do.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Fishy247

Oh wow! That's a bit of time right there! I do love the way they look on a rod though...

steelfish

good job on that decorative wrap

The Baja Guy