Fishing the Rock

Started by steelfish, May 05, 2017, 01:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: conchydong on May 06, 2017, 12:49:53 AM
Nice work. I live in S. Florida and can make the trip to the Keys for better fishing but I can usually catch enough locally to have multiple meals for a week or two. That is good enough for me. I do not care to freeze a lot of fish as fresh is sooooo much better. My buddy and I went yesterday and caught our legal limit of Vermilion snappers and a couple of big Porgies. One was huge.

Sott, that table looks pretty nice, snappers are always good and I hear porgies taste like lobster, so that fishing days looks like a A++ in my books

The Baja Guy

coastal_dan

That is a horse of a Porgy!!  :o

Not sure about as good as lobster, but they are decent.  I like them in a wet fried beer batter. ;)
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Dominick

Alex, a funny story.  I fished last November in San Jose del Cabo.  I brought along an acid wrapped rod I bought from Alan Chui.  Great rod it was stiff enough to lift fighting tuna.  Well the mate on the boat handed me back the rod and said "no bueno."  I asked why and he showed me the guides were going around in a swirl.  Apparently he had never seen an acid wrapped rod.  Then I laughed and said "muy bueno and pointed out to him that it was made that way to take the torque he kind of got it (language barrier) and liked the way it felt when he pulled the rod out of the holder.  I like my Mexicano fishing guys and hope to converse more in Espanol.  I try to learn more but find it difficult at my age.  Thanks for sharing your fishing adventure with us.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

that was a nice story Dominick
Im rewraping a rod to an acid wrap and planing to change at least 2 more, they are not normally seen on this places but they work.
The Baja Guy

Decker

Quote from: Dominick on May 06, 2017, 10:11:42 PM
 I like my Mexicano fishing guys and hope to converse more in Espanol.  I try to learn more but find it difficult at my age.  Thanks for sharing your fishing adventure with us.  Dominick

Dominick, some encouragement on the "se habla español" subject...   The only way to get fluent is "inmersíon".  Go spend a week with a group of people speaking only Spanish.  The less English they know, the better, because they'll be less inclined to translate. Put a dictionary on you smart phone, and jump in with both feet!  Do that a few times, and eventually a switch will click where you stop translating inside your head, and actually begin to think in Spanish.  ;D    Buena suerte!  

P.S. There are many Latin words in English, and many of them have a roughly similar meaning in both languages.  There are some notable exceptions, however: embarassed (English) <> embarazada (Spanish -- means "pregnant")  ;D  I find many technical/structural terms to be about the same; we can thank the Romans for that.  ;)

Dominick

I know Joe.  No time and inclination.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rivverrat

It's really hard for me to rap my mind around the thought of having an endless open expanse of water to fish & be so close to it, with so many different species of fish. Alex, & to some of the rest of you it sounds like a paradise to escape to....Jeff

mo65

I'm with Jeff...what a beautiful place! Love that rock.  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

steelfish

thanks Mo and Jeff, you guys (and all AT ohana) are welcome to come and fish at anytime, "mi casa es su casa senores".

The Baja Guy