Started by ChileRelleno, May 06, 2017, 08:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

About to hit the smoker right now!

A 9.5# bone-in Boston Butt and two 3# Chuckies

Meat Meets Marinade and Rub

Rubbed, Wrapped, Chilled and Rubbed Again]/b]

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

bhale1

Chile
Oh boy!!!, Here we go again , my stomach is already grumbling ;D
I suspect it will only get worse as you continue this post!
Brett

ChileRelleno

Second layer of rub applied to Butt and ready to hit the smoker.
Chuckies drained and ready.

Five hours in, just spritzed with a 50/50 Apple/Pineapple juice blend.

Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

David Hall

Never thought of doing chuck steak?  Can't wait to see the money shots.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: David Hall on May 06, 2017, 04:59:45 PM
Never thought of doing chuck steak?  Can't wait to see the money shots.
Chucks are very versatile cuts of meat.
Of course there is the traditional Chuck Roasts, slow cooker, oven roasted, stewed, dutch oven and etc, etc, etc.

But smoked there are Burnt Ends, Pulled Chuck, Sliced chuck and Chuck Steak.
You can also smoke, then reverse sear and treat like a big steak.

Smoking/grilling chucks adds so much flavor.
Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

The Chucks hit 190' about 1300.
I removed them and let'em rest for a little over an hour.
Then I cubed, sauced and returned them to smoker to finish.

QuoteI add a generous amount of rub, approx 5T +/-.
Then a very generous amount of your favorite BBQ sauce.
And lastly, add approx 1C of your favorite Cola, I'll be using Cherry Dr. Pepper.
Mix well to cover meat thoroughly.
Wrap pan tightly with aluminum foil, and then back into the smoker for a few hours until they glaze over really well and are melt in your mouth tender.

Money shot in a few hours.  Thumbs Up
Ragnar Benson:

Alto Mare

Yo Chile...you need to stop! ;D . Good thing we don't have smell-o-vision, my tummy is rumbling pretty bad already.

That looks really good.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 06, 2017, 08:20:50 PM
Yo Chile...you need to stop! ;D . Good thing we don't have smell-o-vision, my tummy is rumbling pretty bad already.

That looks really good.

Sal

I can stop any time I want to stop... I just don't want to.
Lets face it I'm joyfully addicted to my smoker-n-grill, and am not interested in getting clean.
Does the Betty Ford clinic even offer BBQ addiction treatment?

Thanks Sal, just as long as you don't start licking the comp screen.
Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Quote from: bhale1 on May 06, 2017, 01:42:58 PM
Chile
Oh boy!!!, Here we go again , my stomach is already grumbling ;D
I suspect it will only get worse as you continue this post!
Brett
Worse...  Heck, it'll get nightmarish if you're a vegan, PETA member.
Ragnar Benson:

bhale1

Chile,
No worries. No PETA/Vegan here! It's just that a few weeks ago I was up early and perusing the recipe posts and saw the London broil.......got up showered, grabbed my keys and was about to head to the store. My wife...." Oh, are you going to get an early start on the weeds/tree trimming/yardwork?".........Me..."ugh, that can wait a little bit! Running to the store to see if London Broil are on sale ;D......They were awesome with that marinade BTW! Just grilled them tho!
Last weekend, ...wife says.."what is that in the back of your truck?"......me, " oh that, that's a smoker, got it at the yard sale down the street :D"  Good deal I thought, little Char-Broil Delux, never used(seriously) for $20!
Wife..."do you even know how to use a smoker?",,,,,,??? Uhm , no, that's what YouTube is for!
So, fast forward to this morning, and once again you tease our tummies with yet another delicacy!
Heading to my brother-in-law laws freezer to see if we still have any Chuck's from the 3 bull Elk we got last December, if not, off to the store I go! I'll try and figure out the smoker, but am excited either way! Ugh, getting hungry just typing this!

But seriously, thanks for posting your adventures in smoking meat! Looks yummy!
Brett

ChileRelleno

Everything about this Butt came together like clock work.

1700hrs = 12hrs = 190'-191' = Butter tender

Resting now

Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Done!

I stood there with a toothpick, shoving pieces into my mouth, then I remembered I needed to share with my family.

Ragnar Benson:

David Hall

Irma ends are one of my favorites, I'm picking up a couple of chucks to make some up for next weekends birthday bash for my moms 88th.
Today we're hosting our grandsons 9th birthday, he's selected lamb chops, artichokes and raw broccoli for his birthday dinner, so I have three racks rubbed down and marinating.  A dozen chokes and a head of broccoli.
Wife also decided on 2X baked spuds. 

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:

Big Tim

Quote from: ChileRelleno on May 06, 2017, 10:50:14 PM
Done!

I stood there with a toothpick, shoving pieces into my mouth, then I remembered I needed to share with my family.

Chile, those just look horrible...I bet they taste horrible too...Maybe a quick freeze an a overnight to Fresno to make sure they are horrible  ;D

Well done as always ... BT