Started by ChileRelleno, May 06, 2017, 08:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpowers

Quote from: ChileRelleno on May 06, 2017, 08:30:34 AM
About to hit the smoker right now!

A 9.5# bone-in Boston Butt and two 3# Chuckies

Meat Meets Marinade and Rub

Rubbed, Wrapped, Chilled and Rubbed Again]/b]

nice rub.  I see you discovered fish sauce and its myriad of uses.

STRIPER LOU

Man Chile, it all looks amazing, ..... but the pork butt, I think I could eat it for breakfast! ;D

................Lou

ChileRelleno

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on May 10, 2017, 12:09:34 PM
Man Chile, it all looks amazing, ..... but the pork butt, I think I could eat it for breakfast! ;D

................Lou
Machaca de Puerco

Fry leftover pulled pork over high heat, get a good crispiness to all the edges/ends.
Add some chopped  roasted Poblano Chile and onion.
Add some eggs, scramble together.
Serve with warm flour tortillas.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

STRIPER LOU

ChileRelleno

Quote from: maxpowers on May 10, 2017, 06:00:50 AM

nice rub.  I see you discovered fish sauce and its myriad of uses.
Thanks.
I first learned of fish sauce when the big invasion of Vietnamese Boat People hit SoCal and really good Vietnamese restaurants opened up.
But yeah, it's only been a staple in my pantry for a relatively short  while.
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

ChileRelleno

Quote from: David Hall on May 06, 2017, 11:27:27 PM
Irma ends are one of my favorites, I'm picking up a couple of chucks to make some up for next weekends birthday bash for my moms 88th.
Today we're hosting our grandsons 9th birthday, he's selected lamb chops, artichokes and raw broccoli for his birthday dinner, so I have three racks rubbed down and marinating.  A dozen chokes and a head of broccoli.
Wife also decided on 2X baked spuds. 
That all sounds good to me... Happy birthday to both.
Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Big Tim on May 07, 2017, 04:47:39 AM

Chile, those just look horrible...I bet they taste horrible too...Maybe a quick freeze an a overnight to Fresno to make sure they are horrible  ;D

Well done as always ... BT
They were so bad I just couldn't bear to inflict such suffering upon you.
Maybe next time.
Ragnar Benson:

Dominick

BTW only Aiala is allowed to use bodacious...You are too young.   :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Dominick on May 10, 2017, 05:00:48 PM
BTW only Aiala is allowed to use bodacious...You are too young.   :D ;D Dominick
Hahaha!  :D  My BBQ is Bodacious  ;D
Ragnar Benson:

Shark Hunter

John is not that Young. ;D
But Everything he cooks and smokes is beyond Bodacious. ;)
Its finger lickin' good! :P
Life is Good!